1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beomat Indexing Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Murrayt, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murrayt

Murrayt TS Member

Club has a Beomat Skeet Machine that will not index the carousel far enough each time. Need some info on how to correct the problem? We have had the carousel and the lobed casting that indexes the carousel off the machine. Does this have to be timed?
    Any info would be most appreciated.
    Murray

2. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

The part that indexes the carousel is driven off the main shaft. The shaft for this is attached to the main drive pulley with 4 cap screws.

The wheel that turns the carousel is attached to the shaft with two set screws there are dimples in the shaft for these set screws.

Here are my questions; Did you see the machine operating before it stopped working?

Has anyone had the machine apart, by this I mean has the main shaft been out of the machine?

If you pm me with your number I can call you if you like.
    Scott

3. skinnykid

skinnykid TS Member

If the turret has been off the machine it may not be back in the proper place. I had the same problem once on all 8 of our machines. I called Beomat of America and Sten said to loosen the 4 bolt that hold the turret to the main shaft. Then turn the turret clockwise as far as it will go. Have someone tighten the 4 bolts while you hold it there. This took care of all the timing issues we were having! There is almost 1/2" of movement at the outside of the turret from the small amount of play in those bolt holes! Try this before you tear the machine apart. PM me to let me know if this helps! Good Luck, Dana

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.