1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bent up wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by funski, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funski

funski Member

i have a whole box of really folded new wads. any ideas to straighten them out??

2. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Spread them out in a single layer and put them somewhere hot for a while. All plastic has "memory" and should regain their original shape.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Low heat in the drier, Run for a few minutes.

4. atashooter

atashooter Member

I do the same as Grunt, old pillowcase, low heat for a few minutes. Windjammers are famous for this stuff cause the plastic of the petals are thin. IMPORTANT, dump out, spread out, and let cool. If you let them cool in the pillowcase, or in a pile, they are still messed up.

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I will Third the pillow case dryer trick, in fact I do all my wads now, reguardless of the style...........

GS

6. C H S

C H S TS Member

I use the dryer tactic with original Windjammer wads but I find that I have to use them the same day because even if I let them cool spread out on a screen, in a day or 2 the petals all start to curve in again so the shot starts looking like a barrel.

Andy

7. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Somewhere I read that if you put fabric softener in with them, you reduce felt recoil. At least, they will smell better.

PS The dryer really does work

Big Jack

8. gotbass

gotbass Member

using the fabric softener will also help keep the skeeters away too

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Clay Busters are the always that way. I quit using them long ago. When you buy new they should work without any additional work. Use Rem stiched or Down Range. Both seem to have straght petels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.