1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bent Barrel??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomlsoe, Aug 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomlsoe

tomlsoe Member

My gun seems to be shooting to the left slightly I need some help I have patterned it myself but that might be the problem Help! (Perazzi mx 10rs 35"fixed choke) only seems to shoot left w/the single barrel. Does Wilkinson troubleshoot things like this?

Tom

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rib straight?

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tom- You stated that your gun "seems to be shooting to the left". How did you determine this? Have you carefully shot 10 targets on paper at 13 yards from a solid rest?

Pat Ireland

4. tomlsoe

tomlsoe Member

No Pat, but thats why I posted this, is to figure out how to tell whats going on. I shot some rested 20 yd at a pattern board and all shot about half a pattern left. The rib is straight. I'll go shoot 10 carefully shot targets at 13 yds and let you know how that works out. Tom

5. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

briley make chokes for guns in order that they shoot straight.Jack

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Tom, test it again with much care. But, if the gun was half a pattern off at 20 yards, it will be off at 13 yards. If the barrel does shoot to the left, it can be corrected with tubes. I would never hesitate to bend a barrel up or down but I would not bend a barrel to the right or left. You could always sell the gun to someone you didn't like.

Pat Ireland

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The rib may be truly straight and still be off center with the centerline of the bore. It doesn't take very much either and it's sometimes tough to see it unless your looking for that. Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.