1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bent a Carlson extended tube

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by 2500 HD, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

My gun was knocked over by accident by a young gentlemen at the club. At first glance it appeared no damage was done to my gun, and in all reality no damage was done to the gun, but the Carlson extended choke tube hit the concrete first and flattend the side of the end of the choke tube. I found a socket that was very close to the inside diameter of the choke tub hoping to get lucky and round it back out, but no luck. Any suggestions? I thought about sending it back to Carlson to see if they could repair it. It's not the end of the world, at least my gun was fine. I am not gonna tell the young man my choke tube was bent, he felt bad enough as it was. I guess if I am out a choke tube and have to replace it, that's a pretty cheap fix. Let me know what ya think. Thanks Ken

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Chuck the choke in the trash and buy a new one, they're cheap enough. Its never going to be right again without a significant amount of work.

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Toss it and get a new one, just not worth messing with and consider yourself very lucky that you didn't damage the barrel.

4. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

I guess if a can afford to shoot I should be able to buy another tube. that's what I figured. Thanks.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Get a new one...even if it could be re-rounded..the chance of an unseen stress crack could let go and then you really would have a ruined gun

6. 2500 HD

2500 HD Active Member

It was on my 20 ga. skeet gun, but is now in the trash. Not worth the messing with. Later thanks.

7. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

One of the main reasons I recomend extended chokes to my kids, cheap insurance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.