1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benifets of shooting Registered Targets??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Al 29, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

If someone asked you WHY you joined the ATA and shoot registered targets what would you tell them.

I mean what is the benefit of shooting Registered targets??

We are starting up Registered trap events at our club and I am getting all kinds of inquiries but they all want to know one thing: Why should I join and shoot registered targets??

I have my reason as being competition, goal setting, record keeping, traveling to other clubs and of course the ability to attend and shoot the PA State shoot.

Any others besides playing options to win money? Winning money is not on most of these guys minds or they would already be shooting registered targets.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jeff,

Just remember what kept the club afloat before you started throwing registered targets. If you run off the people/shooters that have been the bread and butter of the club, you'll have nothing to fall back on.

As far as answering the question about the why? Just ask them to come out and watch. If they are interested, they'll be back.

ec90t

3. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I got into it for two reasons

time for myself, compition in stead of practice, my wife groans when she hears I am going to a shoot, she finds work for me when I say it's practice!

And

To grow my small shop, I am making a chance to show off my rebluing skills

There is also something about hanging out with people that are shooting scores for record, I can't explain the diferrence, but there is a very diferrent feeling around the club when most shooters are there to shoot a score for trophies, or average or record.

But that is my take

Al

4. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

I just like the competition. To me it's like minor league baseball and major league baseball. If you had a chance which would you play. Don't get me wrong I still shoot at the small two trap clubs and enjoy every second but it's just not the same..............And that's just my feelings.........Roger

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

For the competition factor. You can't try for state and national championships without shooting ATA.

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I don't have a local club to shoot practice at any more so I travel a minimum of 60 miles to shoot...and the benefits are shooting with my friends, setting goals and trying to improve contantly even with the limited amount of ahooting I do.

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

"We are starting up Registered trap events at our club and I am getting all kinds of inquiries but they all want to know one thing: Why should I join and shoot registered targets??"

What you're asking is, "How to I justify something to people who can't justify it to themselves?"

If they're asking you "Why should I join?", I don't think they really want to it; they're asking you to justify your program to them. Unless someone has the individual mindset that can rationalize doing the expensive form of something that can otherwise be done more cheaply, I doubt you can say anything that can convince them to do it. The people who already have a reason for wanting to do it will show up; the rest won't.

Morgan

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I agree completely with the competition angle.It is just different when your score counts and is recorded forever.We are a small club and throw registered once a month.That is when everybody shows up.Most of our shooters are fairly new to the game and want a handicap so they can compete at other events.

Darr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.