1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Vinci

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blowin smoke, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Just hoping for comments from people who have purchased and hunted with or shot one. Seems kind of pricey for the amount of polymer. Benelli says it kicks less, but I have shot other Benelli's that they made similar claims about and was not in agreement. Looks like 3 in. max chamber which isn't a big deal, but I have been pleased with my 391 Extrema and just wondering if I am missing out. Thanks.

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I purchased the first max 4 26" barrel to hit my state. I have shot it at doves,pheasants,ducks and geese and it by far is the best auto loader I have ever been around period. It shoots and points the way it is advertised and shooting many different loads it eats them all. I have not had a Benelli click or miss fire or miss feed what so ever.

3. oz

oz Active Member

I bought one without seeing one (except in magazines) I love it, shot well right out of the box. shoots light 1oz loads also. oz

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

These people that say they have never had a Benelli misfeed or fail to fire- I am really in disbelief

I have seen them fail frequently at ranges- in duck blinds( low volumne) and on sporting clays ranges

Oh I know their ads say they are the most reliable gun made but from my observations they are amoung the least reliable

I do own one Benelli- kind of an interesting gun the Super Sport- and I have shot a bunch of others- the perceived recoil always feels very stiff to me.

I have even had guys brag about them and then see them misfire or feed in the next couple of shots

Good advertisement but poor performance from what I have seen--

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I would not doubt that guys have had no problems with misfeeding on the Benelli's. I own (2) Beretta Urika target guns with straight carriers and I don't have any feeding issues with them. The word seems to be on the street if you don't have one of those 390 bent carriers or some special bend from Joe Schmo installed you'll have issues. I don't know about that.

6. luckyshot

luckyshot TS Member

3 misfeeds in mine in a 8 year period. kept track cause my buddy made fun on how much one costs. had to lend him a gun on several hunts due to the fact his rem. broke down. will own one till i die. tim

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have an M2, and occasionally the bolt won't close completely. I check it constantly. They are great guns, but they do have more recoil than an 1100 or 391, and their triggers aren't the greatest. Beretta triggers are better out of the box. However, on 2 hunting trips, the M2 was the only auto running at 7 degrees in Arkansas, and in Saskatoon after shooting dirty steel loads for 3 days in 75 degrees. The Beretta guys were spraying "OFF" skeeter spray in there actions to wash them out.

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Gene,

I am a dealer but that has nothing to do with what I've got to say. I just ordered me a Vinci. We had one at the store to shoot and everyone that has shot it likes it. As far as failure to fires, I have never, I repeat, never had a Beretta or Benelli to fail to fire. All or them have several thousand rounds through them but I don't drag them through the mud though. I have a friend who has put over 5000 rounds through his auto loader with nary a failure. Anyone with common sense knows that a 3 1/2 inch gun will not cycle low powered shells, so why try and get aggrivated. Use as designed and will serve well. Jackie B.

9. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I hate to say it but like always Gene knows nothing about what he blabs about. For your info this thread was about the Vinci not some Benelli that is 20 years old. The Vinci is a different kind of beast. There is no recoil spring in the stock. My advise for you would be go to your local gun store and learn a little about the Vinci and then come back and tell us what you think. Like I said before, they are the best auto loader I have ever been around but then again I have some substantial time behind the wheel. If you know what I mean.

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Jack you're 100% correct about knowing the limits of those 3 1/2" guns. I own a Remington 11-87 SPS SuperMag 3 1/2". I know many will feel it a POS, it's this, it's that. But, I didn't buy it to shoot 7/8 oz. skeet loads or featherweight trap shells and expect it to cycle properly. I can say this gun has given me NO cycling issues. With the piston actuator ring removed it will cycle 3" and 3 1/2" shell even interchangably with no problems. If I have the piston actuator ring installed I've shot Hi-Brass field loads (Rem. Long Range Expresses and Win. Super X's) shells of that quality and everything has been fine. I've hunted doves with my handicap trap reloads and they even cycled. I was surprized they did, this is not a fun gun to hunt doves with and generally wouldn't. Remington states what types of shell can be expected to cycle in the gun. If you don't have any plans to shoot 3 1/2" shell one should not even consider a SuperMag.

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

10 years + 1 Browning Gold = 0 Misfeeds.

12. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

threedeuces- let me give you a little lesson in thinking and logic--its a new gun- a new model- how do you know if its going to be any better?????? It would seem there is an equal opportunity to be worse

now shooting jack- not picking on you but your friend has nary a failure ( meaning not many failures in 5000 rounds)

5000 rounds is nothing and I havent seen your friend shoot it- I have however seen several people tell me how great the Benellis are only to have them fail on that exact round of skeet-- geez I guess it worked all the time except that.

Oh they do look cool and feel pretty good- but so do the other benellis I have seen- and they are all high priced, whether they work or not and all of the previous ones have had substantial felt recoil beyond gas autos in my opinion.

regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I would think in 5000 rds. if not well before, one knows what he is dealing with. In the field most guys would never put 5000 rounds thru their guns in a lifetime of hunting.

5000 rounds would be 100 rounds per week. Very normal on average for one to shoot 100 rds. per week for a year. Maybe that is too low for an on average but I think issues would be seen it that period of time.

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There is really nothing to argue about. Buy the gun that fits you the best, and that you shoot the best. I use to be a duck-a-holic. I've owned 3 SBE's,a Super X-2, an Ultra Mag, and a Extrema which both I still own. I kept the Extrema cause I felt it shot the best for me and was the softest shooting. I use it for Goose and Duck, the Ultra for Turkey cause it has a 26" barrel and Jack West stock, and the Benelli M-2 is my pheasant gun cause it's light. Heck, I like em' all. I don't shoot 3 1/2" rounds, so the SBE's were overkill and you can't practice with light loads, and the SX-2 shot too flat for me and was heavy. I can see why any of these guns are desired, and I expect the Vinci to be desired by some as well.

15. Mn Mike

Mn Mike TS Member

Gene I have had my M1 for 15 years never ever once a gun failure to cycle or fire. Lots of duck hunting in all weather here in Minnesota. Pheasant hunting, deer hunting with slugs one year, predator hunting in very cold weather, one round of skeet, many rounds of sporting clays and it's first year a trap league. Thousands and thousands of rounds. So you should not say what you said with out thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
benelli super vinci failure to feed
benelli super vinci for trap

benelli vinci failure to feed

benelli vinci for trap
benelli vinci forum

benelli vinci trap

shooting benelli vinci for trapshooting
using benelli super venti for trap shooting