1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Vinci

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Setterman, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Go to the Benelli website. The Vinci has been released for viewing

2. d endicott

d endicott Member

Looks bulky

3. dave391

dave391 TS Member

I was disappointed. That thing is butt ugly.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I thought it would be some streamilne racing gun with a built in recoil reducer. WRONG.

5. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

No 3 1/2 inch

6. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I'm surprised that it's cheaper than the SBE. I like the modularity. I bet it all but replaces M2 sales. Ugly? the new Remmy 887 is ugly... This looks a lot like the R-1 rifle to me.

7. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

One more futuristic looking (like a toy) plastic and metal shotgun that promises to be the fastest shooting lighweight 12 gauge auto with low recoil made. I think every major gun making company has one now.

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

Too bad they didn't make it with bottom ejection. Probably would have been even uglier, but the world needs one that works!

AndyH ;-)

9. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I don't understand the desire for superlight 12 gauge shotguns. Heavier guns swing better and absorb more recoil. Turkey, geese, doves or ducks I would rather have the heavier gun. Quail, woodcock or grouse, I would rather shoot a 20 gauge or even a 28 gauge in a light gun. All targets, I would rather have a heavier gun. The only practical purpose I can see for a light 12 gauge is pheasant hunting where you are going to be walking all day and feel like you need the extra power the 12 gauge provides. For everything else there are better choices.

10. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Light guns can be made heavier, or at least be made to swing like a heavier gun- heavy guns are always heavy. I think light weight in a hunting gun is a huge plus. Birds do not fly like targets - a like a gun with a little whip to it.

11. rad 53

rad 53 Member

So does anyone know who actually has the Vinci for sale? Thanks, Donald.

12. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Scheels will be getting them in June.

I'd like to replace my 11-87 with one but I didn't see a slug barrel available even though it's drilled and tapped for a scope and it looks like it's only a 3 shot capacity. Website says 3+1 but it does for the M2 also and mine only holds 2 in the magazine.

Sometimes I like having 5 shots available if I'm a blocker on a South Dakota pheasant hunt or on a deer drive when the action gets hot and heavy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

benelli vinci slug shooting