1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by melbournemike, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

I just purchased a benneli nova for my son the duck hunter,shot it last week and it shoots as well as my BT99,But the trigger was awfull,are there any fixes out there it feels like im squeazing an eel.

2. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

Let my clarify my post,has anyone had any trigger work done or experienced any problems with Bennelli triggers?

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Yes they are terrible. I had work done to try to sharpen it up. It started to double on me. I sent it back for more work but still doubled. I ended sending it to Benelli to restore it to factory spec. I'm living with it. Dave T.

4. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I have a solution......Buy yourself a Browning....The trigger on my Gold breaks at 3 1/2 lbs right from the factory plus I don't have to worry about it jamming like you guys that like the spaghetti shooters.....

5. Mirage Combo

Mirage Combo TS Member

I have a sport 2, a frend at our club a machinist stone the sear on mine.
    took it from 6lbs to 4lbs, witch is what I wanted. Its like a different
    gun.

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Luckyman: Were talking about triggers. My Benelli has never jammed. Dave T.

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

The Nova is a pump, not a semi-auto.

I have heard of problems with trigger adjustments with the semi-auto's. I bought a 20 guage Ultra-light (5 1/2 lbs ) for bird hunting last year. I would love to have the trigger lightened a little, it's the worst trigger of any gun I have. I would be happy if anyone knew a gunsmith that could lighten the trigger to around 4 lbs without the doubling problems I have heard of. Any suggestions ?

Tom Strunk

8. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Don't worry....It will eventually.....

9. mooneymissle

mooneymissle Member

I have a Benelli Supersport. I had the trigger done by Feland Gunsmithing, 281-550-3553, 18035 W, Little York, Suite G, Katy, TX 77449. Excellent job!!!!! I had tried earlier with a "known" trigger person (who had done an excellent job on a 390 trigger) and the Supersport trigger came back as bad or worse than when I sent it. Feland had to replace a part (modified by the 1st attempt).
    Feland is "expensive", but I highly recommend his work on my trigger!!!

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Benelli is notorious for bad triggers, hard recoil and inflated price. They are very popular because it's advertising that sells guns like anything else. I see more Benelli adds than all other guns combined. Maybe a gunsmith can fix the trigger for you.

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Do yourself a bigger favor and buy your son a Vinci. They are a great gun with a great trigger.

12. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Mike,

I had my Nova's trigger done by a local gunsmith in Fort Worth about 3 years ago for $40. Money well spent.

Don't pay any attention to the jealous naysayers on this board. The Nova is a great value and in all my shooting (water fowl, upland and skeet) I have never had a jam or problem. I have had similar experience with my Ultra Light.

BTW, I shoot a Ljutic for ATA.

HBT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
belenii nova trigger
benelli nova trigger
benelli nova trigger pull adjustment
benelli release trigger
benelli supernova trigger job

benelli supersport trigger job

benelli trigger job