1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Supersport Update

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by drh08, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I am into my second year with the SS 30 inch barrel. I wouldn’t shoot the gun for anything without a high rib on it. I also had to purchase a left had recoil pad. I had a lot of trouble with trap and this gun so I purchased a barrel weight and used it. I found the gun rather quick for me. The weight helped on the trap range, but one day I forgot to put the weight on and don’t use it anymore. Apparently the weight slowed me down enough to get used to the gun. I got tired of picking up shells in the winter so I put a shell catcher on the gun also.

2. schimmy

schimmy Member

I've had the 30" SS for almost a year now and I really like it. I paid about $1600 for it here in Wi. The question I have is has anybody found a reliable shell catcher for it? I'm using a Birchwood Casey catcher now and it's kind of hit or miss. I've thought about using the rubber band but I'm not sure exactly were to position it.

3. dfm

dfm Member

I've used My SS for all target games (and a lot of hunting, too) the past two years but primarily for trap. Added a Kick-Eez 1/4" stick-on cheek pad and Limbsaver slip-on recoil pad. The gun originally came with a 30" tube but I swapped for a 28" one with a gent right here on TS.com.

My gun shoots flat but that's the way I like'em. Absolutely, hands down, the finest auto I've ever owned and I've had them all at one time or another.

Nobody makes a dedicated shellcather for the gun but a rubberband (the thick blue ones from broccoli/celery bunches) work quite well. Position it just forward of the bolt release - toward the front of the receiver - and you're good-to-go.

For doubles shooting I had a gunsmith spotweld a deflector button on the edge of the receiver housing. DON"T have it put on the barrel extension or the bolt going home will snap it off or fail to close.

4. drh08

drh08 TS Member

I use a Save-it shell catcher. I wish I could say it worked every time but that isn't the case. You need to add a few more bends and play with it to get it to catch about 80 percent of the shells. The rest you dig out of the chamber. I paid $1380 out the door for mine, but after the high rib and left hand recoil pad ($100.00 a piece with some rounding of the numbers) I am with the rest of you. My gun shoots about 70/30 or 80/20 the way I have it setup. I thought mine was much flatter untill I to it to the pattern board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.