1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Super Sport

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hawk46, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Local dealer has the carbon fiber stocked version LNIB for $1600. 30", four chokes, looks like a pretty nice rain gun. Has anyone shot one of these? Any opinion?

Dave

2. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

They crush targets when the suns out too!

3. team henges

team henges TS Member

Yes the super sport is the best auto for sport shooting in my opinion. I had one and traded it for a XT, I wish I wouldn't have. 1600 is a good deal too

4. team henges

team henges TS Member

Yes the super sport is the best auto for sport shooting in my opinion. I had one and traded it for a XT, I wish I wouldn't have. 1600 is a good deal too

5. Beni

Beni Member

Buy it you cant go wrong anyone can shoot it great gun beni

6. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Yes - nice gun, OK price, not great IMHO, but certainly fair. If you are looking for the same gun in camo see if he has a Cordoba. Same gun minus the carbon fiber stock, and either flat black or camo. Also has a textured stock that makes it "tacky" and very easy to maintain a good hold.

For a pure target gun though, that Super Sport is really hard to beat.

Ducks

7. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Benelli SS great gud. I just like the 28" barrel better then the 30". The 30" just feels to long for me.

8. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

After bouncing around the net to several forums, about the only sporadic complaints I've seen relate to ejection problems with lighter loads and a feeling by some that it's too light for trap. Anyone have problems or opinions in those two respects? I'm leaning toward trying to do a trade.

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Please disregard this post, I'm getting info I need from the other post, thanks.

10. Pizan

Pizan TS Member

I HAVE A SUPER SPORT FOR ABOUT 2 YRS NO PROBLUMS

11. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Just a word of caution to owners of Benelli's with the gel stocks: bouncing around some other forums, I found that some owners complain that getting solvents into the stock will cause the gel to degrade and leak and deform the butt stock. Benelli is supposedly aware of the issue. You may want to take care that you don't over lubricate with oil or solvents to the point that some may drain into the butt stock. Storing muzzle down might be wise just in case.

12. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

I have a Benelli Super Sport for sale.Wood stock, 30" barrel, Mag cap weight, set of Ballistic Specialties chokes made to bore diameter - Cobra - IM, Shell catcher (can be removed). Gun is in excellent shape, my son used to shoot it, but has moved on to a combo set. $1200. I will send pics to anyone serious about buying.
    Mike

13. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Very nice gun but not that great of price.

14. tgene

tgene Member

I have a Benelli Super Sport, like new with case, carbon fibre stock, 30 inch bbl., two comb inserts (std and the next higher), 5 chokes with wrench, manuals, etc. just like it was purchased new. Shot less than a flat of shells, I'll sell for $1450 plus shipping. Will send pictures if interested.
    Gene

15. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

For that kind of money you can buy a really nice Beretta. The 391 is the single most popular gun in Sporting Clays, 5 Stand & FITASC. The Beretta Gas operated semi-auto's are not going to kick like mules. The benelli semi-auto's are nice mechanical guns but NOT as soft shooting or in the same class as Beretta.

Shoot safely, well and often,
    Tom

16. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

Tom,

This gun is worth every penny of what I am asking.
    If you love Beretta's ... great!!
    Don't post B.S on this thread that has nothing to do with the sale of my Benelli.

Mike

17. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

coot shooter. Seems to me YOU hijacked Hawk46's thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

benelli carbon fiber forum

benelli super sport problems

how to take care of benelli carbon fiber stock