1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

=== Benelli super sport vs Remington 1100 competit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Gmangh15, Apr 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

I currently have a remington 1100 competition with 30 inch barrel and adjustable stock. I am wandering what yalls thoughts are on teh benelli supersport. I might have a sweet deal on one that i may not pass up but what some feedback first. I love the 1100 and its a sweet shooting gun and i shoot it well but jsut seeing what yall think of it.

Thanks

Garrett

2. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

3. glenfish

glenfish Member

Have shot Bennelli guns for field guns for years. Couple of trips to Argentina for pigeons. Kicks a bunch more than the Remington you have been shooting. If the Supersport is a good deal give it a try and let us know what you think!

Glen

4. ovaljack

ovaljack Member

I have several 1100's and a Benelli legacy sport. they are nothing alike. I like them all but, thye are not comparable. the benelli is lighter, moves faster and has no gas system. the 1100's are soft shooting, and very good target guns ( trap & skeet ) the remingtons shoot most ammo, the benelli shoots ALL ammo and will continue to shoot for thousands of rounds without cleaning. it's like trying to say an apple is better than an orange and then what about a banana? why try to choose one over the other? have some of all and enjoy. life if about variety, isn't it? Jack

5. macguyver67

macguyver67 Member

I have a Rem 1100 Sporting, a Beretta 390, a Beretta 391 and Benelli Super Sport all in 12g....and the Benelli is by far my favorite of the bunch. It is a light, smooth swinging gun and I don't find the recoil any more harsh than the others. I prefer the 28" barrel vs the 30" barrel as even with the 28" barrel the Super Sport is nearly 50" long.

Just curious...what kind of deal are you getting on the Benelli? BTW, I agree with Jack above...I like my Benelli best but I still would not sell the others! More is good!

Joseph

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Do you like recoil? If you do, I highly recommend the Beneli. They kicks so hard it's like being in a small plane crash.

Another nice thing is that if your laziness knows no bounds... You don't have to clean it but twice a year.

So if you like a muzzle light shotgun that requires no cleaning while pounding you to death at the same time..... The Beneli may just be the ultimate shotgun to own. Jeff

7. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

SuperXJeff has said all.

IMHO, the Benelli will plug up your sinuses while the 1100's are easy on ya. So, ya clean it more often, BFD. Enjoy whatever ya got......

Ernie in AZ

8. dls guide

dls guide Member

Beretta 391. Rem 1100 swings like a club. Benelli is too light and doesn't eat up any recoil. Beretta does it all. Better yet, buy a good o/u.

9. oz

oz Active Member

the new benelli plastic stocks with the rubber filled stocks eat up recoil. they don't kick bad at all.

10. Gmangh15

Gmangh15 Member

Can I find shims to lengthen the lop on my rem 1100 comp???? If so where at?

Thanks

Garrett

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.