1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli....Super Nova, SBE, M2 Owners ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Spanky, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

How is the Realtree APG or the Max-4 Camo finishes holding up on your guns? I'm not really refering to battle scars because, they are just part of the game and you'll have them when hunting and using your gun hard in possible harsh conditions. I try to keep my guns clean and in goog mechanical conditions and I'm concerned about flaking or peeling due to a cleaner, lube or solvent that is not compatable. How is you finishes holding up? I'm thinking about the Max-4 on a Super Nova. And I like to use the correct product(s) on it. Thanks Spank.

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Man, my spelling aint for $hit today. Sorry.

3. BARTMAN

BARTMAN TS Member

My sbe II is doing pretty good. You have to remember this is a film they dip them in and it will scrape off. I still catch myself trying to pretect it when turkey hunting

4. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Just use soap and water, and don't worry about hunting dings - they will happen. I would not use any solvent on the dipped camo covering.

5. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

call shooters emporium portland or.- they do this kind of work and wud know the answer

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I think I'm just gonna have to keep anything with a strong solvent base away from the surface. I'm not concerned about the battle scars. I'm probably going to buy the Super Nova this summer and shoot it quite a bit before waterfowl comes in. I'll probably call Benelli and run it past them.

7. Beni

Beni Member

I have a few Benelli shotguns and you do not have to use any harsh solvents to clean them. Any dirt outside wash with warm soap and water,inside wipe with a damp solvent cloth. If you get some solvent on your camo dont worry just wipe it dry. Shoot the heck out of it and wear those battle scars proud!!!!!

8. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Talked with Benelli today. They told me the worst thing the hunter can get on the exterior camo finish is DEET bug repelant. The current cleaners and lubes I use were said to be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

solvent for benelli shotguns

wear and tare inside benelli nova