1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Super Nova , How is the Recoil??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

My son has been asking me about Benelli Pump guns. I told him that most Benelli's kick like a mule and the pump would be worse than their autos. Comments please.

Charlie

2. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

lite weight gun + big drop at the comb= recoil but for the $ it aint a bad gun-- heck - he isnt gonna shoot 2-300 / day is he???

3. MR.ohiogal

MR.ohiogal TS Member

I have Benelli Nova and I think the recoil is very light. My wife,,ohiogal,,
    has shot it with slugs and finds it manageable. It has alot less felt recoil than my 870 Remington. The butt is wide and has more surface area to spread the recoil out compared to the 870.I shoot trap with it when I go to club shoots and public shoots with Deb. My shoulder never bothers me even after 100 rounds.The best thing,,, the Nova is a very accurate shotgun in my opinion. As I recall, the Super Nova has the buttstock which has comb and length adjustment
    capabilities, where it would seem that one could get a good fit for their personal likes. If I didn't have a Nova, I'd pick one up.

Good shooting,
    Jeff

p.s. Deb will stick with her Brownings,,,,,

4. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I have a Super Nova that I hunt with. Will handle 2 3/4", 3" and 3 1/2" shells. A Super Nova shooting 3 1/2" shells doesn't kick anymore than a Remington 870 SuperMag shooting 3 1/2" shells. If you're out shooting a fun or practice round of trap or skeet with a Super Nova with 2 3/4" target loads it's no different in recoil than a Remington SuperMag shooting the same. Everyone should own an ugly gun, why not.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Any pump with a 3.5" shell will kick bad. If you plan on using 3.5" a lot I would head in a different direction.

6. drh08

drh08 TS Member

You are giving your son bad advise. Not all benelli guns kick like mules. I can run about 3X the shells through mine before the recoils is noticed in my shoulder compared to my over/under. I am only good for about 300 rounds a day however.

Don't get caught up in the brand of guns, have him find a gun that feels good to shoulder and he has confidence in, then he will shoot it just fine.

shoot a 3 1/2 inch roman candle in anything is going to hurt, well then again my sp10 absorbed those very well and was a dream to shoot. The gun probably weighed 20 lbs or seemed like that after dragging it around a few miles however.

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

My nova weighs like 8.5 lbs. Doesn't kick bad at all.

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

The Ducks hate mine kicks em like hell!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
benelli nova for trap shooting
benelli nova kicks like a mule
benelli super nova for trap

benelli supernova for trap

benelli supernova forum

benelli supernova recoil