1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Super Black Eagle II

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ljutic Guy, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

I am thinking about buying a new duck/goose shotgun. Would any Benelli Super Black Eagle II owners please reply with how they like theirs?

John in Utah

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have one that I used for Duck, Goose and have not hunted in the last year or so with it but it is a great gun and I would buy it again

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

In my opinion Benelli is the only auto field gun made.
    Enough said.

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Its a wonderful gun and I have no criticisms of it. I even use it for some upland hunting over dogs...its not heavy, it points well, the perceived recoil is very good with the gel comb and pad, the shims allowed me to fit it perfectly to me and they have different height soft combs if you need more adjustment than the shims offer, and it cycles clay target loads all day long without issue even though its a 3 1/2 inch capable gun.

Stephen Meyers

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I use a Beretta Extrema and a Benelli M-2 for my duck/goose guns. The M-2 is lighter and is a great upland gun too. No problems with either gun.

6. bill2

bill2 Member

John, love mine but will not cycle 1 Oz loads. Tried it on sporting clays and had to go to 1 1/8 oz of shot to make her cycle. Not a problem as it will most likely break in. For water foul its outstanding . Cycles fast, won't rust(being sensible), easy to clean , light, Pricey. Bill2

7. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I just bought a slightly used one and havent gotten a chance to put it through the ringers, however I like it so far. The recoil is not horrible, but it does have more recoil than I thought it would. I have read nothing but good things about them, thats why it was my first choice for a waterfowl gun.

8. yobyllib

yobyllib TS Member

I just got a used sbe 1994mfg. Will say I rather have this gun than a gasgun.
    Simplicity of the thing will convert you,its like an ak47.
    Mine will cycle 7/8oz loads at 1300fps,maybe less with specific reloads.
    I have a plastic buttplate,and recoil with those black rem 1390 7/8 is more like the 1oz 2 3/4 out of an o/u.
    You will need to break it in with 3dram and couple hundred shells.
    Also a greased bolt/carrier assy will make the thing work with very light loads.
    I`m loading featherlites,16grn promo with cci primer and 7/8 oz claybuster in any hull,and the gun clubs almost eject,top guns hardly move the bolt,while the AA`s just make it out.
    I will change to rio primer and AAs next, for the first shell only,to make the action function for doubles.
    If youll be wearing cold weather clothing,that will sop up alot of what youll feel with heavy waterfowl loads.

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Customer service is terrible. Parts are hard to get and expensive. I would not buy another. I use my SBEII for trap and it shoots quite well, but I think it is overpriced and overrated. I would not buy it for just hunting, but it does seem to work for an over all gun, such as hunting, trap and would make an excellant self defense gun, in spite of the 28 inch barrel.

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I never could see the appeal of them myself. On the plus side they are a very simple gun. But they have more negatives. They are way to expensive for what you get. I see no advantage to a light gun for waterfowl hunting. Light guns don't swing as well and kick harder. That is why you see so few Benellis in the target sports. The 3 1/2 inch model doesn't cycle light loads reliably. I never could see the need for 3 1/2 inch shells anyway. If you want to greatly extend your range use some other non-toxic than steel. If you can shell out that much for a gun you can afford the better shot. You get all the duck killing power you need over decoys with a 3 inch shell or even a 2 3/4 inch shell and steel. For turkeys spend the extra and buy hevishot. It isn't like you are going to be going through boxes of shells on turkeys. I would rather have any gas operated gun than a Benelli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

benelli sbe ii overrated

benelli sbe ii shim for trap

benelli super black eagle ii not cycling

super black eagle and target load

super black eagle for sporting clays

super black eagle for trap shooting

superblack eagle 2 waterfowl shell forum

using a sbe 2 for tray shooting