1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Special 80 Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jwr0201, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwr0201

jwr0201 TS Member

To begin with, I am a novice/beginning trap shooter. Recently, I picked up a very clean Benelli Special 80 Trap shotgun used from an acquaintance and would like some info on it. I know that Benelli has a good reputation, so I bought this shotgun to learn to shoot trap with even though I was not familiar with the model. It's a real looker and in extremely good shape - for around $500. The shotgun has been stored in a safe for well over a decade without being used. Since my purchase, I did some research and have learned that parts are not available from Benelli or H&K any longer. Did I make a mistake?
    What are opinions on this shotgun - good gun and keep it or cut my losses and get rid of it? Does anyone have recommendations where to look for parts and a manual?
    If keeping it is the way to go, should I pick up a spare firing pin to have just in case? I need some sage advice here to help out this beginner...
    Thx -
    Rob R.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I would think if you search the net that parts are available. Is it a good trap gun - NO, they did not go over well. Is it a good gun - yes Benellis are good guns. You bought it right

3. WGB

WGB Member

Go to Bennelli's website and send an email requesting a manual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

benelli special 80

benelli special 80 for sale
benelli special 80 loading
did benelli ever make a trap shotgun