1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BENELLI SBE SLUG GUN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terminator, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terminator

Terminator TS Member

HI, Thinking about buying one, however they are some what expensive.So Im looking for some feedback from some one who has or have had one.How well does it shoot and what kind of slugs do you use.What do or dont you like about it, is it reliable in cold weather etc. Thank you.

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have fooled around some with the smoothbore slug guns and found that in my 1100 slug barrel the winchester foster type slugs work way better than the smaller diameter remingtons and also better than the brenneke slugs I have a friend who has a fully rifeled slug barrel for his 1100 and his shoots the saboted slugs really well. It does not shoot the foster types any better than mine. I know the sabots in the rifeled barrels shoot better but the guy who wins our slug shoots down here used a smoothbore 1100 remington slug barrel with winchester foster slugs He simply is a wonderfull shot and his gun as is mine, is accurate enogh to overcome the slight disadvantage in accuracy at 88 meters that we shoot.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

why pay that much? performance wise it is way down in the pack

Gene

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i use a thompson encore with a rifle slug barrel. very accurate and reasonable price. when you pull the trigger on this baby you better hang on with 2 feet and both hands but it works great.

5. B.C.

B.C. Member

kick's like a mule !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.