1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli owns Perazzi?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by markostrunk, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markostrunk

markostrunk Member

Scuttlebutt has it that Perazzi was going under due to losses to Litt and to the poor shotgun market in general. Rumor is that Benelli, a division of Beretta, bought Perazzi to save them. Anyone hear anything concrete?

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

That rumor has been around for a while, I don't no if it's true on not ???Good question??

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Long story, short: Yes, but it is Beretta, who owns Benelli.

I also has much to do with Litt and the excessive spending by the son-in-law of Perazzi, their jet, and Africa.

Beretta did/does until recently own or owned 49% of Perazzi. There were some issues that I won't go into regarding how Perazzi paid Beretta then, but Beretta alleges that it was stiffed quite a bit then.

I have this information from an Italian manufacturer.

Perazzi did not make the new TM9 either, and it was made without a designer. Perazzi let their top designer go or he left on his own. I do not have the particulars.

This Perazzi/Beretta thing was in the mill at least 6 months ago when I was let in on it.

Anyone have any current info on Litt?

4. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I consider myself lucky to get my money back from Andrew Litt, given their (and his) problems. I bought several guns and barrels from them over the years but he downright lied to me on my last deal (a MX20-28 combo). I returned it via Charles Schneibel and my credit card was later credited. Just a bit later the you-know-what hit the fan.

I was one of their biggest fans for years and was stunned to hear about their collapse. I bet Perazzi took it in the shorts.

5. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

This rumor has surfaced many, many times but this is the first time Benelli has been in the mix.

The Beretta family owns Benelli, Stoeger, Uberti, Franchi, Buris and Steiner.

Beretta does not own Perazzi. They have bailed them out at least twice in the past but only "loaned" them money.

Could be Beretta is calling in the loan. I know Perazzi sales are in the tank.

6. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

I thought that beretta owned benelli. So that would mean that perazzi would be owned by beretta if i am correct....

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Hang on to your used Paerazzi's boys, price will be going up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta owns perazzi

beretta owns benelli

beretta owns perazzi
does beretta own benelli

does beretta own perazzi

does beretta owns benelli