1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli or Beretta SEMI AUTO ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Beretta all the way. For the shooting sports its a no contest if you ask me. Tom Knapp may beg to differ though. LOL---Matt

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I have both, I feel noticeable more recoil from my Legacy than my Urika with the same load.

As a matter of fact, the softest shooting semi-auto I've ever shot was the new A400 Xplor with factory "Kick-off" devise in the stock. I load the test gun with one 2-1/4 oz 3" shell between two 7/8 oz 2-3/4" target shells, the gun cycle them like everything were the same. I couldn't believe how soft the 6 lb gun shoots.

This relatively expensive gun is still cheaper than some after market recoil devises along.

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Beretta 391 Trap. I have shot both and the Beretta is softer IMO...

Jerbear

4. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

this one wud be hard to beat!!! a do all gun!!--$985--i have it listed on the forum here--you wont go wrong--if you dont want 30", i do have a 28" barrel to put on it as well!-wally riebesell 660-744-4115
    [​IMG]

5. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

watch Duck Commander on Outdoor Channel. they shoot Benellis and are pretty good sized old boys. Recoil, recoil, recoil! Almost an embarresment to think they claim little recoil. If you are a XXXL, then you might not know or feel the difference. there is a reason why one excells in shooting sports...and one does not. and it's not stock dimensions.

6. superump

superump TS Member

Beretta HANDS DOWN - no comparison. AL 391 Teknys gold - best semi I have ever shot at clay targets. Still prefer the over and under or unsingle but shooting a semi thats the best one I have shot.

7. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

You want to know what the best semi sgun is check out 3 gun, theirs is the toughest sgun game.

8. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Wally, I could be wrong but I think that should be a Parallel stock, Mine are.....GOOD LUCK

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

The 391, less recoil and there is a world of standard and custom items shelf ready to make the gun fit you perfect. I have been shooting a couple for a long time now. I shoot a Teknys Gold trap with over 35K through it with nothing unusual to say, been worth every dollar spent. I also shoot a 391 Urika for sports IE: 5 stand and Sporting, don't shoot skeet at all, tried it and was bored with it.

The 391 comes with a shim pack to adjust drop and cast, left or right and is easy to clean. If you want an adjustable rib there are several folks that can make that happen.

10. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

391 for shooting 7/8 to 1-1/8 loads at targets. Tons of places for dirt and grime to hide out.

SBE for hunting. Any place, anytime, any weather, 100 times easier to clean and dry out.

I have both.

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have both guns. I like the Benelli better. Recoil for me are about the same.
    The Benelli id a much easyer gun to clean and take apart. The Benelli has a little smaller forearm that feel better for me also.
    As long as you take your time and change the pitch spacer in the stock on both guns. They shouldn't have a recoil problem.

12. drh08

drh08 TS Member

OK, the line is in the water.
    1. Which guns are you comparing, the Benelli ultralight kicks pretty good, however my super sport is actually very soft shooting.

You are simply making a comparison of 1 gun the Beretta 391 to all Benelli shot guns which isn't a fair comparison.

So, if you shot Benelli sporting guns you would discover the recoil between the 391 and Super sport is so very close you would have a hard time deciding which kicked harder. Does that help?? NO not really.
    You mentioned you want to use this gun for trap shooting, so the next thing to note is you need a shell catcher for the gun. Well a shell catcher for the benelli is a little difficult, but they have many excellent ones for the Beretta (Advantage Beretta).

Keep in mind, I shoot the Super sport and like the gun very much, the only complaint I have with the beretta is I can here the action cycle after I shoot. I don't hear that with the benelli but like I said, I am very very used to shoot the Super Sport.

To sum it up, Beretta if it's just trap. If you are shooting other games also, I would shoot both guns Super Sport/Cordoba and the 391's and see which one fits you better.

13. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I have some recent experience with this issue. I purchased a used Montefeltro 20 gauge for my son to Grouse and Pheasant hunt with. The first time I test fired it I was shocked at how much it kicked. Watching him shoot trap with it was not a pleasant experience, and it now that gun has a new owner. I picked up a Beretta 390 for him and we are both very happy. Weighs more but much easier to control.

In my research on this I read comments about how the 20 gauge Benelli guns do kick a lot more than the 12's due to the light weight of the 20. My brother would not part with his M2 12 gauge field gun for anything, but he only shoots one or two rounds of trap a year.

Recoil is a non-issue with my Al391 trap. It really is the only way to go for clays, IMHO. I'll never own another Benelli after my experience with the Montefeltro's recoil.

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Beretta for the trap field; Benelli for the Hunting fields.

DoubleAuto

15. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

'Nelli for birds with feathers - 391 Teknys for birds of clay. No doubt.

If I could only have one, it would have to be the 391.

I've been waiting for the Xplor 400 to come out in camo. One of those two guns may get traded on one - honestly - not sure which. The Xplor is SWEEEET!!

Ducks

16. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

XPLOR 400, will it handle light 12 gauge loads, example feather weights and light targets?

17. Dave Von

Dave Von Member

I have shot Benelli models for 15 years in the field and last summer purchased a super sport. Light weight and fast with a lot less recoil than most would think. I run Remington Nitro 27's so it's not like I'm running light loads. Less recoil than my Browning Citori. For a shell catcher, go to the local hardware store and get a thin O-ring and place just in front of the carriage handle. May not be mainstream but wont scratch the finish and works great at $1.50. Bottom line, try to shoot both and pick the one that fits you best. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

benelli montefeltro vs beretta a400

benelli vs beretta semi auto
benelli vs beretta semi auto shotgun

beretta a400 vs benelli montefeltro

beretta a400 xplor vs benelli m2
beretta versus benelli
beretta vs benelli

beretta vs benelli semi auto