1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli Montefeltro Silver 20ga

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by headhunter, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Monte's? I'm thinking of buying one for my wife and kids to use.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

For me the Benelli, all the autos I tried seemed to have a bite to them. for what they cost I would get a used 1100. I was seriously thinking of getting the cordobra model but after the sticker shock and price for extra pads and accesorries I bailed.

3. dzeh

dzeh Member

I'd look at a Beretta 391 Teknys. I have one and it shoots great. Very low recoil and there are lots of aftermarket items to help reduce it even more.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

http://www.franchiusa.com/firearms/model712.tpl..... a few younger members have these in 20g and love them. For a universal loaner gun or a gun that will serve many people for multible shooting 1100 is the way to go. many parts and accessories to play with. plus I would go with 12g and shoot light loads.

5. rtpzwms

rtpzwms TS Member

I have a Montefeltro Silver in 20 ga. A couple of things to research before you put your money down. Do/will you need a shell catcher? Will you be willing to let someone drill on your new gun to get this shell catcher? I've been using mine for trap shooting and I've been asked twice about shell catcher I've told them if I could find a snap on shell catcher that I would buy it and asked them to help in the search. I don't want the peal and stick style and don't care for the thought of someone drilling on this gun either. I find it kicks less then my Browning Citori 525 field, but that's a 12ga. I love shooting it at the trap range and as long as I have someone to my right that knows what I'm shooting and doesn't mind I've been OK. But I know who not to shoot next to also. I'm trying to accommodate everyone to the best of my ability. I know there are some purest that would tell me to put a rubber band around it to catch the hulls but honestly look down the barrel and see what it looks like. I would not shoot it in competition or anywhere that would knowingly piss someone off. But at the little club that I shoot at it seems that everyone is trying to help everyone and have a good time its just fine. Trap seems much easier with the Browning but I think using the Benelli will force me to get just a little better. When I first started using it at the range my scores dropped about 3 points per game.

6. Loyac

Loyac Member

If it's for the wife and kids, seriously consider a Beretta 391. You won't be sorry. Soft recoil straight out of the box, a lot of aftermarket parts like shell catchers and recoil dampeners and very reliable. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.