1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli at Dick's

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Oct 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

huh,???

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

stoeger.........from what I have found out. the less exspensive lines are out of turkey and brazil........I checked out the new savage gold wing at dicks 499.00 I think. I did not like it from the monment I touched it. Flipping through the special order book they did have a few good prices. I had a bad time ordering a gun through dicks. I actually ordered a Stoeger Condor sporting model Left handed. 10 weeks went buy before I had to through a fit. They did not want to refund my deposit. There is no reason why it should take so long to order a gun.

3. Trauma901

Trauma901 Member

Dicks likes to be misleading. It's actually a ploy to get you in the store. As stated before, your probably looking at an over and under? If so, it's a Stoeger. Benelli doesn't make an O/U. We have a couple of kids on the trap team that shoot them, usually the sporting model. Not my favorite gun.

I will say, however, that the Remington SPR310S, which is made by Baikal in Russia, is a good buy, in my opinion. I own one, and after a few modifications and a very thorough cleaning right out of the box, I like it just fine. Shot a 25 straight my second round with it, then a 22 in skeet. It's well worth the money, just needs a litle work on the front end. I paid $379 @ Dicks for it.

Doug

4. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Not sure I understand the original question...[wink]

Anyway, it reminds me of something: A couple months ago, a guy shows up at the club. I glance at his gun and say: "Is that a Benelli?" (I'm fairly familiar with them, having owned a Montefeltro and an M-1). He says: "No, it's a Stoeger." "Hmm, looks like a Benelli", says I. He replies: "That's because it basically IS a Benelli and uses the same system, licensed by Benelli. A lot cheaper, too."

Pretty sure he said it was a Stoeger, but going from memory here.

I was busy at the time and didn't inspect the gun, so I dunno, and haven't seen the guy again. I'd forgotten it until now.

5. FIB

FIB Member

Fritzi93, I would be willing to bet that the guy had a Stoeger Model 2000. They are licensed copies made by Versar in Turkey if I remember correctly. IMO, they are a very good gun for the money. I had one until recently and was very happy with it. Very similar to the M1. One thing that I liked more about the Stoeger than the Benelli was that the recoil spring is located on the magazine tube instead of the stock. I found it easier to lubricate and clean if it fell into the water waterfown hunting. Some folks have had problems with them jammimg, not operating properly but the one I had worked great. Regards...Randy

6. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Thanks Randy. Looks like you're right.

I was curious, so I did a search on "Stoeger 2000". Apparently, Stoeger is part of the Beretta group, which also owns Benelli. Opinion is divided on them, but from what I can gather, many folks have trouble with it not cycling 7/8 oz target loads. [shrugs] My M-1 had trouble with 7/8 oz loads too. This is a hunting gun, so that particular complaint seems awfully niggling.

You know, for roundabout $400 bucks, I'm kinda tempted. I always hated it when I got a scratch on my Benellis. For that cheap a price, it might be a good "beater" gun, so long as it's reasonably reliable. Gander Mt. carries them.

Any other opinions on them?

7. labber

labber TS Member

Weve had several guys at our gun club buy those stoger knockoffs with mixed reviews. It depends on your shooting situation hunting to trap etc. Personally I recomend to everyone buy an original Benelli I have a m1 super90 and a SuperBlack Eagle I hunt with you cannot stop these guns. They are by far the most easy on the shoulder, will cycle anything,easiest to clean guns on the market today. There are plenty of deals on the auction sites right now good luck with it Joel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dicks montefeltro

m4 benelli at dicks