1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benelli 3" and light 2 3/4" loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Lostintheozone, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lostintheozone

Lostintheozone Member

Does anyone have any experience with a Super Sport not ejecting AA light 1 oz. loads. I've been told that because these guns are inertia instead of gas that they fail to cycle sometimes. I'm trying to choose between a Beretta and a Benelli. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

2. Gunzup

Gunzup Member

Benelli 3

My 12 gauge Cordoba which is virtually the same gun will process anything from 7/8 oz at 1145 to 3" without issue. My 20 gauge Cordoba is a little more particular and must be fed 7/8 at 1200 to perform as expected. Best of luck with your SS.
    A W Jefreys

3. Portigee Duckman

Portigee Duckman TS Member

Benelli 3

Lostinthezone , Benellis are great with 1 1/8 oz and heavier. Berettas are
    the same,you just have to change the spring up on the end of the forearm cap
    to a heavier one to shoot lighter loads , they work really good then,with the
    lighter loads.

4. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Benelli 3

I have a Benelli SBE-II and a Beretta Teknys Trap - the Beretta is a better target gun, the Benelli is a better hunter. I use the extra high comb insert for all my shooting with the Benelli - and that helps with target shooting - but the recoil and the dead reliability with light loads in the Beretta make it the better target weapon.

Joe

5. rjstubbl

rjstubbl Member

Benelli 3

I have a Benelli SBE-II I would be willing to sell. It is black synthetic with a 26" barrel. I also have a extended tube and a high comb for it. It is like new.

6. TN Larry

TN Larry TS Member

Benelli 3

Get a Benelli reduced-Power Spring from Brownells. Brownells part# 969-000-091; 800-741-0015; www.brownells.com. The spring is manu. by Wolff Gunspring Makers; Box 458 Newton Square, PA 19073; 800-545-0077; stock# 16096. Not sure is that is their # or another Brownells #.
    I shoot 3/4 oz. loads in my SuperSport. Of course they must have a "little" velocity!

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Benelli 3

I have a supersport- it handles light loads

Felt recoil is much more than a gas operated auto- but it is light and handy and looks cool

Gene

8. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Benelli 3

I had a Super Sport. Loved it but graduated to an XT Combo. I have loaded 1oz for 10 plus years. Never had the Benelli not cycle. Tried some 7/8oz once, and about half didn't cycle. The reduced weight spring would be the answer. I would agree the Beretta would be a better strictly target gun, but the Benelli is a much more advanced and cooler gun.A 1911 cahmbered for 12ga.Also some AR15 thrown in. I also designed a shell catcher for mine. Worked great. My friend's son shoots it now and loves it.

9. Beni

Beni Member

Benelli 3

I have a supersport and it cycles flawess,regardless of the load. All of my benellis cycle as designed with little recoil. You can use it on any of the clay games without fail.

10. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Benelli 3

Bear in mind I'm comparing a hunting Benelli to a target Beretta - not really a fair comparison with target loads - I would bet the Super Sport is an great Sporting Clays gun - I'm not much on semis for anything other than a backup doubles gun for trap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
benelli cordoba 20 cycle light loads

benelli m-2 20 gauge not ejecting light loads

benelli sport ii cycle light loads
light loads for benelli 20 gauge
m-2 20 gauge benelli jamming some when shooting light loads
making the benelli supersport eject target loads
what is a good target load to shoot with a benelli sport 2
what is the lightest load a benelli supersport will cycle