1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benefits of Life Membership??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beau69, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

What do I 'get' for becoming a life member of the ATA? Giving it some serious thought.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I got mine in the mid-'70s - that was benefit enough. Can you anticipate 20 or 30 years of interest or health to enjoy a life membership?.....Bob Dodd

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

You will be supporting a great sport that will return much more to you than you give to it.

Pat Ireland

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I heard my name called at the KY State Shoot in the mid 1980’s and was given a life membership courtesy of Mr. Bill Hunter. He used to give away many life memberships to new shooters at state shoots. He also used to have a big advertisement for his pallet business on the back of Trap and Field.

I believe that you always get a Grand American program with a life membership, whether you shoot the grand or not.

A life membership makes you feel like you are a charter member of a fine sport. A life membership makes you think about shooting more next year if you shoot only a little or not at all during the current year.

I plan to go to the grand as I only need another 600 targets in the current year.

The life membership has kept me shooting ATA ever since I won it.

If I were a new shooter, I would definitely buy one.

5. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Just being able to support a sport I love.
    Been a life member since 1976.
    Pat forgot. You need to be a life member to attain the office of ATA delegate.
    Just the joy of it.
    Lets go shooting!!!

Joe Woods/Ontario

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

I am a Life Member.....I didn't expect to "get" anything out of it. I did it to support the ATA- that simple. IMHO....that should be the top reason for becoming a Life Member.

Jim Cruz

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Its a good way to clean $500 out of your bank account and have something to show for it for the rest of your life, and you get a gold membership card ... When I bought mine it was $50 but it seemed like $500 way back then ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

WPT, not only felt like it, it WAS $500 or more back then - been there, still wear the T-shirt!....;-)[

9. scottheid

scottheid TS Member

If you want to become a life member join the N.R.A. You will get more for your money and be helping the rights of all gun owners. Jekyl

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I was given mine in lieu of pay for working three days as a scorekeeper at the Inland Empire shoot in 1946. (The puller worked a rod to pull the targets and the scorer was a separate job.) Three 10 hour days at $20 per hour = $600 for the Life Membership. (The club paid $25 to the ATA for the membership.) The money went toward paying off the mortgage on the facility at Vandalia, which seemed like a worthwhile cause.

11. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

I'm IN! Just sent in the paperwork.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Pride of supporting a sport and that sport's organization.

Don

13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I used a small part of my 2006 Grand winnings to become a life member. Seemed reasonable enough.

Jim

14. shooter

shooter TS Member

After I bought mine, I bought two more, for my wife and daughter.

Money well spent.

15. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

when i bought mine if i remember rite, $10.000 worth of life insurance came with it, i have no idea if ya still get that. i bought mine when we rode horses to a shoot, & loaded are guns threw the muzzle, & hade to change the flint every few rounds.

16. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

24STR8, with the mean age of ATA members around 50 as I remember reading somewhere, and that's probably the age when most can afford it. I'd say the ATA gets the better of it financially...

Jim
    (58)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.