1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benefit Trap Shoot in NW PA to help sick baby

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 700X-user, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Hello folks,

Saegertown Area Sportsmen's Club in Saegertown, Pennsylvania is holding a benefit trapshoot on Sunday April 22nd. Registration is from 9:00 to 3:00.

One of our members was blessed with a baby boy about 8 months ago. The little guy was only born with 3 chambers in his heart and several holes in the heart also. The baby and his parents are been practically living fulltime at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. The baby has had 2 open heart surgeries and several other surgeries to date. We are holding this shoot to raise money for the families expenses. Saegertown is close to 100 miles north of Pittsburgh. You can only imagine the amount of money they have spent on just gas alone.

The cost of the shoot is $15.00, which includes a meal. The shoot consists of 25 16-yard targets and 25 22-yard targets. We are hoping to attract informal shooters as well as experienced trapshooters. We are giving away engraved CASE knives for trophies.

We are having a large Chinese auction, raffles, a 50-50 drawing and anything else we can think of to raise some much needed funds for this local family in need.

We are offering non-shooter meals for $5.00. We are trying to attract some of the non-shooters in our area to this event.

Saegertown is located on State Route 19 about 5 miles north of Meadville, PA. Saegertown can easily be reached from I-79.

Thanks! Sorry to be so long-winded. Please e-mail for any needed info.

Ed

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

700X-user:

Ok I can't make the shoot since I live in KY but leave a name and mailing address and I will send a donations instead also you will have more food for the others there to eat.

Im sure i will save a lot by mailing because the gas is so high now days.

ok if you don't want to post a mailing address on the site then just email me above and tell me where to send it and who to make the check out to.

Thanks

Foghorn220

3. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Here's our club info, including directions and a map for those who are able to attend.

http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/club.aspx?clubid=440256

Michael

4. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Folks,

Here is our club mailing address:

Saegertown Area Sportsmen's Club
    P.O. Box 77
    Saegertown, PA 16433
    ATTN: Benefit Shoot

My purpose in posting the original thread was not a plea for money.

We will of course accept any and all donations for this family. Checks can be made out to "Saegertown Area Sportsmen's Club". My goal was to promote the shoot to area shooters who may not have seen any of our local advertising. I hope we can get a good turnout for Sunday's shoot. I realize this is not a ATA shoot, but it is for a good cause.

P.S. Our ladies are fantastic cooks!

Thanks, Ed

5. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

700X-user:

I got the email and will send something the shoot sounds cheap enough with the free meal and even trophies to be given maybe there will be a lot of donations to help out.

I remember a benefit shoot was held in KY for a familys kid and it was a great succes from the way I remembered.

Foghorn

6. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Thanks Foghorn!

7. 700X-user

700X-user Member

8. 700X-user

700X-user Member

9. 700X-user

700X-user Member

10. Trapmike

Trapmike TS Member

I have a workday at my local club and am on call for work. I still plan to send you a donation/entry fee. they will be in my thoughts and prayers. You should try to contact the local media, now isn't the most pro-gun time but it would be nice for them to help us do some good. Again best wishes, and i hope you raise lots of money

Mike S.

11. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Our local newpaper has actually run several small announcements for free concerning this benefit shoot. Living in a rural area, we have a little more acceptance and freedom than some clubs when it comes to advertising and public opinion. We try to stay active in the community. We actually have a local church group that takes care of the kitchen at our shoots. We let them keep all the money they make, and the club members have more time to work the shoots and actually enjoy the shoots. It is a win-win situation for us. Being a small club, we sometimes were short of help for shoots. The church is actually using our club to help raise money for missions. We don't make any money off of the kitchen, but the club members seem to be very happy not to have to worry about cooking for the shoots.

Thanks, Ed

12. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

I live in Virginia,so I can't come to the shoot,but I am sending a check as a donation to help out. Paul G.

13. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

Hey Paul G, good to see you around!!

Checking in from VA

Luvn, aka Vicki

14. trapshooter5

trapshooter5 Member

Vicki: Looking foward to seeing you and Carl again soon.

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ed:

My check went out in the mail this morning.

Foghorn

16. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Thanks again Foghorn!

Ed

17. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

18. 700X-user

700X-user Member

I want to express my sincere gratitude to the folks who have sent our club checks to help this family with the sick baby. I am totally amazed at the genorosity being shown by my fellow trapshooters here on TS.com. I have always known trapshooters to be a friendly and helpful bunch, but this goes way beyond that.

Our benefit shoot is tomorrow, I will try and leave an update on here tomorrow night. I am sure it is going to be a long day for most of us. They are calling for a sunny day with temps in the 70's. This should make for a good turnout considering that we had snow on the ground less than a week ago. I feel like we are truly being blessed not only with the good weather but also by the caring people on this site.

Thanks again! Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.