1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Benefit shoot for young passed shooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tripod, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

We are hosting a benefit trap and skeet shoot in the honor of Amber Sudbrock on February 8th at the Fin and Feather shooters club just north of Panora Iowa. Amber passed away suddenly a week ago of a severe brain infection. She graduated from West Central high school in Stuart in 2008. She had been an active member along with her grandfather Dan Hansen at out club and had recently competed in the Iowa scholastic clays program. She also had shot in skeet and trap at the winter and summer Iowa games. You attendance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. If you are in doubt to the location of our club, please feel free to contact me. Bill Kindred

2. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Bill, I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy. I am in sunny AZ for a few more days, then back to Taxachusetts. Obviously not able to attend your shoot, but would sure like to help. Please send the particulars and I will follow up with a donation next week when I am home. XXrhawkessr@redmondconcrete.com, drop the 2 X's and you're there. I wish you great success with your shoot.

This should get you BTTT and hopefuly some of our shooters can do a little reaching for you. God bless you and your family, it's got to be tough.
    Keep trying and look forward a day at a time, Bob

4. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

7. Bob Hawkes

Hi Bill, You should have recceived my check by now and this will get you BTTT. My best wishes to the family and good luck with your shoot, Bob

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Bill, can you let of us ts.com-ers know how we could contribute? Can you accept a donation through Paypal at your email address?

9. Bob Hawkes

Good for you Devi, he emailed his address and I sent acheck to him. You'd better pay it yourself, poor Martin got stuck with the Masterpiece. LOL. Bob

10. Bob Hawkes

This is the info I got from Bill. Check payable to;
    Amber Sudbrock Memorial
    c/o Don Daniels
    119 NW 3'rd Street
    Panora, Iowa 50216

Thank you generous shooters.

11. recurvyarcher

I have the check made out.

How will the benefits be used? Do they go to the family to cover medical costs, does it go toward a scholarship or youth-shooting fund? Is it for a bench at the club in her name? Etc...

12. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Devi, We are giving the money to the family and I guess they will use it at their will. They have a young son still to raise and I am sure it will mostly go to defray the costs associated with her illness and passing.
    Also thanks Bob for keeping up with this for me as I was out of town yesterday. Thanks again both of you. Bill Kindred

13. recurvyarcher

I'm sure every bit that can be gathered will help. The check went out in this morning's mail. Thanks for taking the initiative to coordinate help for one of our shooting families.

14. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.