1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

bench grinder stand for 9000G?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

what are your thoughts on a stand like this for a 9000G? I have a REALLY nice laminated oak table top (1.5" thick, $300 if I had to pay for it) that I was going to cut down and make a bench out of, but then I realized I really don't need that much room (i'm robbing peter to pay paul for room around here), and since I only have one press setup at a time, I'd think something like this would be ideal. Most of my old reloading bench was taken up with my computers printer, clock radio, ect all of which will have its own home now so it seems a waste to make a 4-6' bench for one reloader. Would it have to be bolted to the floor, or would it be sturdy enough as is to keep from rocking around?

2. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

When I'm loading I've got stuff all around me. Hulls, wads, primers, collet grease etc,etc. I probably could work off a stand but I wouldn't like it much.

all the best,
    john

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i figure i'll hang a plastic box on the left and right for hulls and wads, and all my powder and primers are still about 2 ft away from me anyways (its my bedroom/reloading room/home office LOL).

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I can pick up a solid used two pedestal desk for between $20-30 dollars at my local thrift store(and they put it in my truck). They are 30" X 48" or 55" long. With wooden bases on the loaders, I have room for 3 loaders on a desk at one given time. I can store all the common components in the drawers like primers and another drawer has tools to adjust guns or loaders. I sit in the middle and work whichever loader I have put in the middle position. Move the loaders off, and I have a work bench or gun cleaning station. You can even get drawer locks to keep the kids out. It will never tip over as it is sturdy enough for me to stand on and I am OVER 9 bags of lead with NO ANTIMONY!!! I looked at the grinder stand at the store today. If the collet on the 9000G binds up, you will probably want the grinder stand bolted to the floor. Your antimony may vary.

5. TC

TC TS Member

Had one mounted on a Sears grinder stand. It was a tubular affair with a piece of 3/4 plywood bolted to the top and a piece on top of the bottom braces which then held several bags of shot for stability. Worked well, very solid and stable. Also had one mounted on a shopmate stand, also worked well. Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.