1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Avery

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SES, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SES

SES Member

Is Ben Avery having a registered shoot this weekend April 6&7.If so what is the program .

Thanks SES

2. AzDude

AzDude TS Member

Link to program.
    http://www.azgfd.gov/ctc2/documents/2013FINALROUNDUP.pdf

Randal

3. viperrt

viperrt Member

New to Arizona, seems to be something missing from the program. Don't they shoot doubles here?

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Sometimes they don't even shoot any singles. I've seen all handicap shoots. More likely is Handicap and Doubles and screw the singles.

5. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

This Weekends Program is 100 Singles 100 Handicap on Saturday and 2 100 target Handicap events on Sunday. My guess is there isnt enough interest in Doubles to hold an Event. Just My guess though.

Barry, I have been Shooting Ben Avery for the past 5 Years and don't remember ever seeing an ALL HANDICAP Program, and I have been to 99.9% of the registered shoots since then. I might be mistaken but really can't remember any like that.

Mark

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Mark ----
    Congratulations on your 99 in the championship doubles at the state shoot. Very good shooting.

Tom

7. viperrt

viperrt Member

Are doubles not thrown because of lack of shooter interest or the choice of the person(s) running the ATA shoots? If the usual shooter turnout is large I can understand if time is the issue.

I was at Ben Avery yesterday and during the time I was there I saw at least 5 people shooting doubles practice, me included.

Bill

8. Barry C. Roach

Arizona Outlaw. I never said that BEN AVERY ever had an all handicap shoot ... but I've seen them in AZ. I should have been more clear.

Handicap's king in the west, period. The reason doubles is not on the program is a mystery to me. Most western shooters would just as well pass on singles ... not doubles. Currently, doubles, all across the country, has been on the increase for the last ten years.

Ever since many clubs have made doubles the first event in smaller registered shoots, doubles have been on the increase.

9. viperrt

viperrt Member

Hopefully Casa Grande and Tucson will not share Ben Avery's outlook on doubles. As a long time shooting friend describes doubles: twice the fun in half the time.

10. white rattler

white rattler Member

mcneeley5 your head is up your ass! You have never been to a shoot at Ben Avery because to make a statement like that just shows what a fool you are. No one works harder than the crew that runs the registered shoots at Ben Avery. Paul Doetsch and his crew run a first class show. If it was not for Game and Fish running Ben Avery all the shooters would have lost out. So take that you fool. And I do sign my name. Trevor Dawe.

11. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

Tom, Thank You, It was a Great Day for Doubles in Tucson that Day and the Targets were GREAT!!! Tucson threw some dang nice Targets all Week.

Barry, I agree Doubles is fast becoming a big deal out here, and You are correct the West is Handicap Crazy!!!!!

Trevor, Thanks for posting to mcneeley5 He must have really ripped Paul and his crew because the post was deleted within minutes. There are always going to be whiners but those of us who shoot at B.A. know how hard they work to put on a Good Program.

Mark

12. Barry C. Roach

Trevor's correct. Paul and Donni D. do a very nice job. Paul knows his Pat traps and how to set them ... including dubs. Everybody is always trying to spice up their shoot programs and I find this a non issue.

Wish I could be there. I'd be shooting every registered target there, if I could.

13. bas

bas Member

It is normal for Ben Avery to have a day featuring two handicap events. Because this is down to a two-day shoot from five days, they probably figured there would be more participation in a Singles Event versus a doubles event. And, I would also bet that what the various clubs throw is in part, to what they hear from their regular shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ben avery trap

ben avery trap score

ben avery trapshoot scores