1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Avery or Tucson Gun Clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Garry, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry

Garry Active Member

If you were going to winter in Arizona and trapshoot, would you stay in the Ben Avery or Tucson area?

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Both are great clubs. Tucson's emphasis is clay target shooting. Ben Avery has about every kind of shooting there is. If your going in an rv, flip a coin. If not, BA has little in the way of a club house and no kitchen but has food vendors when they have registered shoots. For shopping and restaurants off property, you can't beat the Phoenix Metro Area. I heard that a club house is in the offing for BA in the near future. If trapshooting is your thing, both facility's management know how to make your experience a great one.

Tucson Trap and Skeet has a very nice club house with a bar and kitchen. No need to leave the grounds for a little nosh and a toddy.

If you're going to be in Az for a while you might want to sample both clubs. Both are outstanding in there own way.

3. jliveng1

jliveng1 TS Member

If you stay in the Tucson area you would be closer to Garden City Trap Club and Double Adobe plus you'd be about an hour from the Casa Grande club. If you stay at your closest alternate club would be Casa Grande. I haven't shot at Double Adobe or Garden City.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The club down in Tucson has been Martinized,I have been told by many its really something you have to see since all of the improvements ... I plan on making it down there one of these years ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

This one is easy. Tucson!

6. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Not really shooter, Barry was dead on in description of them. Although I've not shot the rifle ranges at BA it's incredible just to drive through them. Every state should have a Ben Avery. Tuscon is also an incredible place that should really shine this month with a World Cup shoot being there. A huge thanks to the Martin's and everyone else who had a hand in the work. A great state and I'm looking forward to next winter already. Enjoy, Bob

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

I am a bunker shooter. Ben Avery has a covered bunker Tucson does not. Tucson has better machines than Ben Avery. Take for pick.

T

8. Texas Crew'd

Texas Crew'd Member

I can't comment on Ben Avery. We just returned from Tucson. The folks at Tucson Skeet and Trap really go out above and beyond. Vern,Steve and everyone else really treated us like royalty. Good weather, great targets and fantastic hospitality.

Garry Barney

9. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

We shoot Trap,Skeet, Bunker Trap,international skeet, Sporting clay.
    Seven days a week at Tucson Trap & Skeet. It has been my choice, if you have any questions please ask. Ben Avery has shooting available and is a excellent facility.The state shoot will be there March 19-25. We have a warm up shoot in Tucson March 13th -18th.

Joe Woods/Ontario

10. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

If you go to Ben Avery....be sure to buy a hot dog. Maybe two.

11. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

BOSS man, WOW! Worth twice the price.I notice that she was tipped very well. :)

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Got to pay for them things somehow, she can't see hor shoes unless she put them up on something ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooting management in phoenix