1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Avery, keep on keeping on

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The folks at Ben Avery Clay Target Center are once again having a very good shoot with better than average shooter turn out so the word must be getting out ...

I was not there due to other committments on Weds but heard that they had between 75 and 80 shooter for the posted events ...

Thursday they had doubles and handicap in the afternoon, did not get the actual numbers but the place was reasonably crowded from my observation ...

Friday had a great turn out of 109 shooters in the singles and another 109 in the afternoons handicap event ... I predict that tomorrow will probably be a ZOO out there for both events being as its supposed to rain all day Sunday, but cross your fingers that it holds off until after the shooting is done ...

The Management and Staff of Ben Avery and folks from PDC are once again getting it done in style with few if any problems, nothing was obvious if they did have a problem ... I ran into Jerry Wernette from Michigan and his Buddy out there and they seemed to be having a good time, next shoot we will be squading together, so when he says he shot with WPT, he will mean it ...

Man, I love this place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. JJM

JJM Member

WPT holding class for some novice shooter.
    Not much help for some of these guys.
    JM
    [​IMG]

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Damn Jim, I like that ... lol ... Notice how they pay attention ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

WPT,
    Paying attention?....It looks like John Scanlon (far left) has his hearing aid turned off.......Terry

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

D.N. looks to be very busy too, if that's who it is? LOL

Hap

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

TerryB,

That might well be but he looks interested, wouldn't you say ..? lol ...

I was giving them boys a PEP talk explaining to them that targets that break when they hit the ground don't count etc ... Just the back to basics stuff you know ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was informed that Sundays shooting events were cancelled due to the weather ... I could not be there today due to other committments and was told this by one of the shooters who did show up at the club ... This is one of those bad things that happen to a good club no matter how good you plan it ... See everyone up there in a couple of weeks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. YUKONJACK

YUKONJACK TS Member

When is the next shoot at Ben Avery? How do we obtain a program for the next shoot? Yukon Jack

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The next shoot at Ben Avery is March 17-21, 2010 ... They start at 10:00 AM and have a cut off time for signing up for the first event of 10:30 AM so they can make arrangements to have enough traps available to get the shoot done in a timely manner ... They play no favorites and do not hold positions on squads unless they are paid for, so plan around that also ... They do things right, you will have a good time and enjoy the shoot ... Carmelitta's Catering has some out of sight Mexican food (breakfast Burritos) made on site, on the grounds also if you like Mexican food, or they have a guy cooking hamburgers and hot dogs over by the club house ... Food prices are very reasonable, the Asada (steak) Tacos are great and so are the breakfast burro's ... EXAMPLE: Eggs, bacon, and cheese burrito for $3.50 ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Terry,

Are you insinuateing that when their heads were bobbing up and down they were nodding off ..? I thought that they were shaking their head yes that they understand ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Go to the Ben Avery web site and you will find it there and what WPT said. They don't mail programs.

12. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

WPT,

If their heads were bobbing up and down AND they were drooling then yes, they were nodding off....however, if their heads were just bobbing that was sub-conscience flinching....Terry

13. Tom S

Tom S Member

WPT How about posting some pictures. That place looks great Tom S

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Tom,

I planned on taking a camera with me and left it sitting on the counter, must be something in the water ... I will make it a point to take the camera with for the next shoot, the place is impressive ... Look for pictures after the next shoot, maybe we can make someone an internet star ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The picture in the picture, next to the fire extinguisher, looks like a good place to shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.