1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Avery Clay Target Center 09-29/09-30

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by W.P.T., Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Saturday Sept. 29 Starting Time 8:30 AM

10 fields 5 squad start

100 - 16 yd Targets $25.00

100 Handicap targets $25:00

Sunday Sept. 30 Starting Time 8:30 AM

50 Pair Doubles Targets $25.00

100 Handicap targets $25.00

Brown Bag Shoot -- Bring your own food

* Cold Water Will be Available *

They are still working on the clubhouse so it won't be ready for this shoot but they have assured the ASTA people that it will be ready in the near future ... Thats why its brown bagging because the kitchen won't be ready ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I went last Saturday and shot 2 rounds of 16's and the place is getting better and better each time I go there. My Grand Daughter was impressed with it to. Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

3. ScottD

ScottD TS Member

Please excuse my jumping into this thread... A job is taking me to the Phoenix area and I'm trying to find a club. I was in Mesa last week and had a chance to drive to Red Mountain. [Wow are the prices high!] I've heard good things about Ben Avery but its well north of we're I'm scouting for housing. Anyway, could you guys steer me towards clubs in the area?

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Scott, You've just spoken about both of them.LOL. I spend some winter time in Mesa and there's not the number of clubs in Arizona that we see here in the northeast. Good luck and good shooting, Bob H.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Scott,

If you think the prices are high at Red Mountain, you won't be surprised to find out that they are the same at Ben Avery ... The high cost of shooting just keeps going up, its called inflation and or progress ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. bgf

bgf Active Member

TJ (WPT),

What is the price for a round of trap and shells at both venues?

Bernie

7. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

Doesn't the county range at Usery Pass have a clay bird area, not as formal as a trap club but still able to break birds?

Al,

And Casa Grande Trap club, about the same driving time from south end of metro area as BA is driving north?

I see on the ATA list that the contacts are the same. I heard that CG has a new owner did he keep the same manager?

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bernie,

Are you talking practice or registered ..? I buy a shoot card so its a little cheaper ($4.25) and shells are what ever you can get them for on sale ... Registered targets on the program are $25 (100) plus what ever you have to pay for shells ... I figure targets and shells a buck a target will cover it if you figure everything in, everything else is pretty much the shooters choice and changes from shooter to shooter ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. bas

bas Member

WPT, I think they plan to use the "old" clubhouse for classifing, etc. At least, that is what I have been told. See you there?

10. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

I'm going to be in the Phoenix area from October 7 through October 12. Is there any registered shoots being held in the area during this week at Ben Avery or any other club in the area?

John Semprini
    Chicago

11. Jim Pollock

Jim Pollock TS Member

Big Az Al,

Casa Grande does have new owners, Don and Tiger Volz from Leadville, CO. I believe they also have a home in Coolidge, northeast of Casa Grande. I am not sure if the manager has stayed at the club.

It is likely about the same distance to the south from the Mesa area as Ben Avery is to the north but during rush hour I would bet it is significantly quicker. I have a winter home in Goodyear at the SW corner of Phoenix and CGGC is about 1 hour 20 minutes for me via Interstate 10, longer if I get caught in rush hour traffic going through central Phoenix and past the airport. Unfortunately there is no way around the interstate to the southwest. Red Mountain is 45 minutes when the traffic is good, unfortunately I tend to travel there and back at rush hour and then it usually takes an hour and a half. The highway infrastructure, although pretty good, has just not kept up with the explosive growth in the Valley of the Sun.

Jim Pollock

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bas,

I plan on being there and shooting both days unless something changes in the mean time ... I have to be out of there early on Sunday because I have to bowl Sunday evening ... I got a bunch of shells I have to get rid of in the garage so this is as good as any way to do it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

ttt...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.