1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Avery back to the way its supposed to be ...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by W.P.T., Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I shot up at Ben Avery several times this week and can tell you the club is being run the way its supposed to be and its making a lot of shooters happy ...
    The BACTC staff is right on top of anything that needs attention, and they make sure the target presentation is as good as it can get ... Paul (PDC) and Company running the cashiering, squading, and posting scores are keeping the shoots running nice and smooth, with quick turn arounds without any major problems ... There seemed to be a bunch (70-75) of happy shooters out there and a good time was had by all ... The targets got to be a little hard to see thanks to our Arizona sun hanging low in the southern sky but thats not something they can do anything about ... Great place to shoot and a job well done by all involved ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

2. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Yep, what he said.

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

The US Open Skeet Championships are going to be held there April 16-18. I will be there checking it out. Ron

4. mwmd

mwmd Member

superb shooting facility

mwmd

5. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Is their bunker trap up and running yet?

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

Pride Engineer...

Yes... I understand the bunker is up an running.

Tom

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Bunker is up and running, I have yet to check it out when there were no shooters shooting or waiting to shoot ... It looks like it was a better idea than a lot of people thought at one time, that includes me ...

Ron,
    I think you and all of the attendees will be pleased with what they see and observe when they get there for the Skeet shoot in April ... They have brought that club back from a sure death and made it like a new old club in the middle of the desert ...

There was also a Cowboy shoot going on over last weekend within walking distance of the trap, skeet, bunker, and sporting clays but I never did get over there to check out the wares the vendors had for sale ... The last time I ventured over to one of those shoots I bought an Elk Skin jacket with fringe on the sleeves, back, and front of it, boy was my wife surprised when I got home ... (lol) ... I can't think of anything they don't have up there and they are making improvements and expanding all the time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Yep, best in the southwest, maybe in the US. (just not in August)

9. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

The bunker should thrive in August. We shot in Vegas year round under the shooting stand cover that is now in Phoenix and while it wasn't air conditioning, on the hottest days it wasn't unpleasant either. So those who can't stand the heat on the American trap fields this summer might want to migrate to the bunker.
    I was in Phoenix this weekend and very much enjoyed their new bunker. All involved should be very proud to have made it happen and the management at BA is most supportive. I look forward to going back in the near future.

Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.