1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BELT BUCKLES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wadshot, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

We are haveing a two day registerd shoot here in S.E.Michigan and we want to give away buckles as trophys. I was wondering you would you use to get them at a real reasonable price. This is our first real registers shoot and im not sure how good the turn out will be. I do not want to bankrupt our club for these buckles and then not make enuff money to cover thier cost. any suggestions would be very helpful. Curt DuVall Brest Bay S.C.

2. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Check out the buckles at the above link. Nice stuff and reasonable to.

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Curt, we have used Jim Beasley from Tilden Trophies several times. Take a look at http://www.tildentrophies.com. Prices were very reasonable & work was top notch. Harv.

4. SILVER S 007

SILVER S 007 Member

BUT they will turn green after about 6 days.............i have 8 of them

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Curt, when's your shoot?

JRC

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Tilden buckles are nice, I got one for "C" class, Doubles Championship at the Montana State Shoot in '04. Hasn't "turned green" yet?

John C. Saubak

7. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Curt, Shamrock Leathers have some nice belt buckles we get them for National Trapshooting Day and sometimes for our Club Championships. I think they are around $19.00 or so. They are nice leather buckles. MJ

8. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

Thank you everyone, our shoot is June 2nd ( 200 singles ) and June 3rd ( 100 hd and 100 dbls ) it will be the first annual Lake Erie Classic. Im working on some added money and we are going to put together some fine eating, I hope some of you can make it!! Curt

9. SILVER S 007

SILVER S 007 Member

john,
    i am glad you got a good one maybe that Montana weather is not as hard on recycled pepsi cans as the fl weather is. And again you might have got one that had only been recycled once. I think we here in fl get those that pepsi recycles 3 or 4 times then of course theres not much left.....and thats what we get NOT MUCH

BOB MEYERS

10. wadshot

wadshot TS Member

11. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Curt sure would like to make your shoot but we have our Club Championships that day. Maybe we can make some other shoot. Hope to see you soon. The Heisler's

12. DblAdb

DblAdb TS Member

I have been dealing with Anacortes Brass Works 360 293-4515 for very nice brass buckles/key fobs/money clips that the shooters enjoy. The buckles are not the big rodeo style, some shooters overhangs prevent use of! Mike

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Spray you trophy belt buckles with clear laquire (sp) paint. they will never tarnish or turn green.

14. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Shamrock Leather buckles are quite nice.

Joe Woods/Ontario

15. BlackBelt

BlackBelt TS Member

Only problem with Tilden is that they mostly use that German Silver - which is nothing more than a hunk of copper, nickel and zinc - it has NO silver in it. My main complaint with cheap German Silver buckles is that they do not wear well - just not the same as silver.

Don't get me wrong - Tilden makes absolutely fabulous buckles - as long as they stay with Sterling Silver. However, Bill Mains get my vote. His work is outstanding.

TD Seattle

16. SILVER S 007

SILVER S 007 Member

german silver............. pepsi cans recycled only 2 times thats as close to FABULOUS as you are going to get to sterling silver in this part of the world

17. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Just looked close at my Tilden buckle again----------nope, 2 1/2 years-------still ain't turned green.

John C. Saubak

18. Large

Large TS Member

montana silversmiths. google them or

http://www.montanasilversmiths.com/default.aspx

19. SILVER S 007

SILVER S 007 Member

john
    Isee why you have not had any green............ you have yours in a air tight box and only look at it every 2 and 1/2 years and i guess that would work............BUT dont try using it or your done.... some of that german silver will start showing and i guess what can one expect for 3 bucks....keep that box closed

bob meyers

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Appears like some business jealousy going on here!?

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
shamrock leathers buckles

trap shooting belt buckles

trap shooting buckles