1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Belt Buckles and Money Clips are fine, but....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Smokechaser, Mar 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

Why not try something new and functional like the Advanced Sporting Technologies shotshell holder. I'm working with one, thanks to Chris at AST, and find it a great product and will recommend it to our Board of Directors as a possible award. It might be a good addition to the standard trophies, belt buckles and money clips as awards to shooters. The people at AST didn't ask me to do this, I just like the product and would be thrilled to receive it as an award at season or tournaments end -- that's not going to happen to me if you saw my recent scoring, but it would be nice...

I don't know how to add photos, but I'm sure someone could help and post the pictures that AST provided a week or so ago. Just a plug for the guys at AST who have a good product for us trapshooters if we care to go that way. It sure was a conversation piece last time out; seemed to be a love or hate opinion. For me, I like to see anything new to trapshooting and I'm glad there are companies and people like Chris testing the industry. Without guys like them, nothing new would ever be offered.....cya

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They posted pictures of it and all it is would be a solution to a problem that does not exist, and way over priced at that ... Some times inventions are a waste of time and money, if you have one you know what I mean ... If I was ever offered something like that as a Trophy I would throw it in the garbage when they handed it to me ... I have a shell holder that you put box and all in that is over 15 years old made of high grade leather, there are 5 shells per level so its easy to know how mant shots I have shot or have left ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Over priced doesn't begin to describe it but to each their own.......

My shell dispensing system is like WPT's...Leather, efficient, given as trophies or purchased individually, many different styles, colors and you can even get it in plain leather, hooked on your belt, can be hung from a belt of its own, will hold extra shells and the list goes on and on......

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

After 3 plus decades of trophies (including a water hose that made the water smell like strawberries) I'd just as soon be awarded some shells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.