1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Belize....anybody been? comments

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Frank C, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Thinking about going? Any comments about things to do besides fishing, drinking, eating? is it friendly, safe etc.Frank C

2. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Yeah I've been, but I didn't stay long enough to really find out anything about the country.....I was only in Belize City (the capital) for a couple of hours. I do remember that it was extremely hot....but I was pretty drunk at the time seeing as that was all I could find to do,and the beers were really cheap.....The locals seemed friendly enough.....as long as there were American green backs involved.
    D.P.Reynolds

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Belize is a divers destination. Don't know about safe. At one time it wasn't.

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Belize has some of the better diving and other water activities in the western gulf area. The official language of the country is ENGLISH. Remember that it is near the equator and therefore will be warm. Id personally like to go there and visit some of the ancient indian ruins. It is an area that has not yet been over-run by tourists and therefore will not have all the luxerious settings that are in place at some of its neighboring destinations just to the north. For those who like cruising (small boat & sailing types) it is an ideal area with barrier reefs that offer protected waters. I wanted to move there and open up a marina about 15 years ago.

Bob

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Two of the best kept retirement secrets are Belize and Costa Rica. Google up Belize. There is quite a bit of info on the web.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They filmed a season of Survivor there and it was all green and had lizards running all over the place ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Its nothing special- usually some political unrest going on but it is safe despite the military with automatic weapons roving around

just another warm poor country which attracts some tourists

I didnt find it particurally hot-- you get breezes- its not bad

regards from Iowa

Gene

8. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I have a good friend who just got back from a diving trip to Belize. If he could get his wife to agree he'd move there in a minute. It's hot, and that's the way he likes it. Says the diving is next to the best in the world and he loves to do that also. Says there is a lot of opportunity there for people willing to work the cruise ship markets and they stop by everyday. I think he said the flight time from Indianapolis is three hours. I personally haven't been there but trust Dick to what he says about the country. Dan

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

For those that have visited Belize or other Yucatan locations, another question on the general subject of safety...

What about exotic tropical/subtropical diseases?

10. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

Friend of mine is trying to get me to go and shoot birds. He said they have a ton of doves down there, great shooting to be had. Hunt in morning, dive, fish, or play beach bum in the afternoon. Sounds great to me, but I have not been able find anything on the hunting part.

Anybody ever shot down there??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.