1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Belgium Browning

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tandemdude, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Can anyone tell me exactly how the forend wood comes off of a belgium Browning over and under, it is my wifes gun left to her by her father, I pulled the lever and it just seems to slide back and fourth, and I don't want to break anything. It was made in 1961, I appreciate any help, Norm

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Hello Norm , The wood does not seperate from the barrel assembly . With your fingertip ,pull back on the release, then pull down on the release, now slide the forend forward, all of this will be done while the barrel's are in battery with the reciever. The metal piece should pivot down. Once this is done you can seperate the barrel's from the reciever. Do not force anything! Jeff

3. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Thank You Jeff
    I really appreciate the help, you are great, Norm

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

One more note, If anyone has a 3 or 4 barrel set with one forearm , the forend and forend iron will come off normally . Jeff

5. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

Thank You Jeff that worked great, any ideas on how to find out what this gun is worth, and no she won't sell it lol Norm

6. shooter

shooter TS Member

When you open the latch you will see a screw under (inside) it. When you remove this screw a small plate will come out with it. Now the forend will slide off over the end of the barrels.

Not the best idea, but it can be done.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

If you ever have a need to remove the forend completely...be VERY careful!!....the wood to metal fit on the Belgian built guns is extremly precise.

8. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

ED, More specifics are need to help with an accurate estimate of value. What grade, what condition,lenght of barrel's and chokes will help. Should be a round knob long tang gun which helps and is to early to be a salt gun. Jeff

9. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Try to pull the forend down and away from the barrels as you slide it forward...you will notice a lot of Belgian Brownings have unsightly bluing wear at the front of the forend as owners have removed/replaced the forend and caused the forend to damage the barrel bluing. It is always sad to see a really nice Browning with this unsightly bluing damage. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.