1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Belgian Browning Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clydep, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clydep

clydep Member

Do all the Belgian Browning Trap guns have the "Broadway" rib? Also, did they supply any of these with a Monte Carlo stock? Thanks in advance....Clydep

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

BROADWay ribs were an extra cost option. I cannot recall ever seeing a MC stock on a Superposed.

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Browning made 2 rib styles for their trap guns. The Lightning--narrow---rib and the Broadway. They never offered a Monte Carlo, except on a custom gun basis.

4. 5141

5141 Member

Just some info that is probably know to some already I'm sure. Browning offered a Monte Carlo Trap stock from the introduction of the guns in '31 until the end of pre-war production in '39. I have owned some and seen several others. A different vent rib was initially offered on the pre-war guns as well. Advertised as the "Non Crossfire" vent rib, it was a low step rib similar in appearance to early low step Perazzi Mirage guns but was un-tapered and @ 3/8" in width,fitted with twin ivory beads. I owned sn # 777 a, 30" trap model choked *&* with this rib and a long tang round knob Monte Carlo stock.I sold it to a good friend in Dallas who was a very active ATA shooter in the 60's & 70's. He still gives it several outings a year in the Flyer rings of Texas and La.All of this stock and rib info is covered and pictured in Ned Schwing's book on the Superposed.

5. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

I have a very early superposed with a broadway rib and factory monte carlo stock. No way to know if it was custom ordered that way or manufactured that way.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

All are "Lightnings". Some are "Broadways" with the optional "Broadway Rib". I've had two, both with factory Monte Carlo Stocks. One had inertia triggers, one had mechanicals. Never saw a Lightning standard rib with 32" barrels. If I found one for sale I'd buy it, maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.