1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? Belgian Browning Mechanical Triggers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldGoat, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Need info on dates - from when to when - or how to determine Browning installed mechanical triggers in the Superposed shotguns made in Belgium. I know that most Belgian Brownings and all Citori Brownings have inertial triggers, but understand that some Belgian Brownings have factory mechanical triggers. Help understanding this will be appreciated. Regards, Ed

Just looked up browning mechanical triggers on google...apparently, Cynergy Brownings have mechanical triggers and 1970 - 71 Brownings may have mechanical triggers.

2. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

oLD GOAT....bROWNING SWITCHED OVER TO MECHANICAL TRIGGERS FROM 70 TO 71 OR 72. tHEY CAME STANDARD ON THEIR TRAPGUNS..MAYBE OTHER ALSO..STROKER

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Stroker, thanks for info. Regards, Ed

4. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

You can have a Superposed converted from inertia to mechanical triggers. I have a 1958 Superposed & had it converted to mechanical triggers so it would set off my sub gauges with out fail. Had the whole gun rebuilt by Browning & now it's so pretty I can't bring myself to shoot it. Shot one box thru it since the rebuild!! Colonel

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

How do I determine if my Superposed has inertia or mechanical triggers?

Thanks.

LA in MA

6. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Very simple. Place snap caps in both barrels, and pull trigger. If the two pulls of trigger fall on both snap caps, you have mechanical triggers. If the second pull of trigger won't set off hammer, you tap butt of gun on your carpeted floor, which will in turn "set" the second barrel, and you then pull trigger which will allow second hammer to fall. This is inertia. That simple. If you have inertia triggers, mechanical triggers can be installed by gunsmith, or people such as Arts Gunsmithing, or Briley Mfg., just a couple that come to mind...............Rob G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning superposed mechanical trigger b1330310

what year did browning go to mechanical triggers in superposed