1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Being left-handed stinks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by hawk57, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

I'm looking for an over and under for trap. So far, every gun I looked at has a stock cast for righties and/or has a right hand palm swell. I was wondering if anyone knows if their is a Browning, Berreta, or Winchester, or SKB, or what ever that has a neutral cast and no palm swell? I'd like to stay in the 1,500-2,500 range either new or used. I guess if someone has a lefty model for sale I'd be interested to. Do lefty guns hold their resale value as well as righties?

Hawk,

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, my old Browning XT had a very neutral cast and palm swells on each side.

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Hawk, not knowing what gun you presently use, maybe you should consider investing in a stock just for you for your current shotgun? Given the choice of a high dollar ill fitting gun or a lesser quality one with a stock that fits me, I'll choose the fitted one every time! A properly fitted stock on any shotgun will break more targets for you than the highest dollar ill fitting one every time out! If money isn't a problem, a fitted Ferrari sure is nice to sport around with too! The stock that fits is the most important part of any shotgun for shooting a moving target! Hap

4. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I had the stock on my Beretta bent L/H. Made a big difference.

5. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

I shoot a BT 99 now with an adjustable comb. It fits me or I fit it, not sure but I shoot it well. I want a O/U so I can shoot doubles and sporting clays as well as singles. Stock cast is typiclly not detailed in the spec's of any guns I've looked at on the web. I mounted the Browning XT's and the Winchester Select Energy, they fit well except they have right hand casts or right hand palm swells. I've not tried the Beretta's or SKB's. I'd hate to drop 3-5K on a left handed gun without trying it out first. Are all the Beretta's stocks cast for righties or are they neutral?

Hawk,

6. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

It sure does. I'm a lefty. I don't shop for guns anymore. Waste of time.
    Nothing fits. Another option is to have the stock steamed/bent. The stock will come back though. Custom stock is the way to go. Pricey though. Labor alone may run $800. to $1000. Dave T.

7. yodes

yodes TS Member

Check out Miller's Guns in Delaware. Quite a few left-handed guns I saw in a quick perusal, look especially at the Franchi SL, available in left-handed version for $1489, so its in your price range. I enjoy my (right-handed) version.

Steve

8. hawk57

hawk57 TS Member

Thanks yodes, I checked out the site, I really want a Trap O/U with an andjustable comb. Anyone know if you can order a left handed XT from Browning?

Hawk,

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I shoot a Browing XT with the right hand palm swell. The stock has a neutral cast and the palm swell isn't an issue unless you simply want one for a lefty. I purchased a plain monte carlo model and had an after market adjustable comb installed. Works great for me!

Robert

10. bgf

bgf Active Member

Hawk,

I am also left-handed. I have had most of them and now have two Remington 3200s. Requires no add-ons because it is a neutral stock. Not sure about palm swell I think they have none. If interested, one can be bought. Special Trap model with 30 inch barrels...release/pull triggers IM/Full fixed chokes and 14 1/4 LOP. One pic here...lots more available. $1450 shipped. Update on frame done. Drop the XXs in the addie above.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Bernie

11. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

Go to Joel Etchen's website. I'm a left hander as well. I bought one of his 687 Pidgeon II combo sets set up for a left hander. The gun is great and Joel runs a very good oepration. They are a pleasure to do business with for everything they sell.

Good luck on your quest.

John Semprini

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Hawk57: Browning will not make a Left-handed anything. Been there, dead end.
    Dave T.

13. tomward

tomward TS Member

Buy a left handed precision fit stock and all you have to do to take it from gun to gun is get a new grip. They will adjust to fit you. Tom Ward

14. superxer

superxer TS Member

Browning made a small run of left hand 525's, There are a few out there you just have to look hard for them. Also go to Millersguns.com to (new guns) they have NIB 425 American sporters in all gauges that are left hand. Millers also has a few Berettas that are left hand.

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I, myself am a "SouthPaw" but have adapted to the right handers world ... I shoot right handed and can do most other things with either hand ... I eat and drink left handed which is the important stuff ... I found a store that was for left handed people and being left handed is costly thats for sure ... My right eye is my true eye so that helps also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Check out my left handed Perazzi for sale on this site!!

17. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I shoot lefthanded and purchased a BT-100 a few years back with a stock that is as neutral or straigt as can be. I think the BT-99's are the same way...

18. Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew

Inkspot Kelly's Great-Nephew TS Member

A Kolar left hand stock has accomodated me more than any stock I have ever had, including a custom made Hilmer stock. The new T/S has a #2 left hand stock and the yardage has gone from 23 to 25 in 6 months. Best fit ever.

Dave Shaeffer, Sr.

19. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

Browning makes left handed 525's Local gun shop has one with 32" barrels 2500.00 dollars. Go to Millers web site and they sell 425's and 525's with their special engravings in left hand. I am left handed and right now I shoot a BT99 Stainless with an adjustable comb. Works very well for me.

Jack

20. coal stove

coal stove TS Member

I have a real nice Browning 525 LH for sale, Ported, pretty wood, Midas chokes, HiVis sights, with Browning hard case, next to new condition. $2200.00. Can send pic's. I'm in MD, if you would like to shoot it. I shoot gun, bow, pistol LH. Know what you go through, just use what the good Lord gave you and run with it. As as value goes, manufacturers sell them for more, just because, there productions runs are not as high, but as for resale, prices don't change much from RH's, cause you are still catering to a small group of people that need them, just may take longer to sell. I currently shoot a LH Beretta 682 "E" and had a DT-10 LH, so they are out there, just have to look for them.

Chip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning 525 shotgun stock lefthand