1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Before They Were Orange

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by RLC323, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

0   0   0

Found these behind the straw bales. We either ran out of shells or our throwing arm gave out, and they were forgotten. Your chance to own some Trapshooting history.

2. plaw

plaw Active Member

0   0   0

I wonder how the scores would be if the ata shot those today, i started in the 60's so i did get to shoot them. If i remmember at that time a new box of double A's were 1.40 a box.....

3. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I even shot all black ones back in the 70's. I think they were Racers or something like that.

4. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I remember shooting the all-white Remingtons. They were a hoot in a snowstorm under the lights.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Yes they were Russ, I'd forgotten about them.

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

These too!!
    [​IMG]

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

We shoot All Black in the winter. Against the snow in full sun they look blue.
    Dave T.

8. Voolfie

Voolfie Member

0   0   0

I too will never forget shooting a black-rimmed, white target against a snow background. All you saw was this thin band of back hurtling through space. If you could run 25, THAT was some shooting.

J.F. Wolfington - Phila., PA

9. RLC323

RLC323 Member

0   0   0

Another batch for sale, added a "buy it now" Thanks

10. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

RLC323:

I want you to know I think those are really neat. In fact, they bring back a lot of shooting memories - especially of my old shooting buddies who are now shooting at "The Big Gun Club In The Sky".

But, I am at the stage of life where I need to be getting rid of stuff and not accumulating more. As it is, my sons will be tossing a lot of my stuff in the dumpster one of these days....... without me aquiring even more.

Thanks for sharing the vintage targets with us. They are really good to see again. Old friends. Reminds me of when I was young, bullet-proof, irresistible to women, full of myself, a regular cock-of-the-walk, and could shoot 100's in skeet with 28" barrel 4-barrel sets.

Mikey D.

11. RLC323

RLC323 Member

0   0   0

Thanks Mikey D. Glad you enjoyed them. Most youngsters have no idea the targets were not bright orange, the traps were not automatic, and the puller actually "pulled." They are not going to see about it on History channel, so it is up to us.

12. SPORTALLURING

SPORTALLURING Active Member

0   0   0

A few more, long before they were orange... enjoy!

Sportalluring

[​IMG]

[​IMG]</

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.