1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Before I buy a new case...UPDATE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by straightshooter1, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Looks like the local lady, who specializes in restoring antiques, will be able to fix the cases for me.
    At least I hope so.

Thanks to all for the PMs and the leads. If this doesn't work out, I will follow up on those.

Bob

I am wondering if there are any members on TS.com who will refit two Perazzi cases. One is a red, short combo case that has all the padding on the bottom (where the receiver fits) pretty much gone. NOTE: I looked again and it seems all the padding needs to be replaced.

The other is a newer combo case with some loose padding and, more of a problem, one of the velcro straps that hold the cover over the barrels has ripped out. Not sure it it can be fixed.

I have seen some threads where folks here say it easy to do-it-yourself. Maybe. But not for a guy who couldn't even color within the lines in Kindergarten.

If you are willing to do these, PM me with your phone and I'll call you.

Bob

2. straightshooter1

Well, I have a referral to someone locally who MAY do the work. Won't know till Monday. Also, a poster PM'd me and said he believed Dan rebuilds them at Giacomo's (but that won't do me too much good till after the Grand as he'll be there).

Bob

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good excuse for you to use to go to the Grand. :)

4. straightshooter1

I have injured my shoulder, maybe a torn rotator cuff, so I am not going this year. Otherwise, I sure would be there. Suzie's (maybe Susie's) restaurant in Red Bud will probably have to close since I won't be there to eat their fried chicken.

Bob

5. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

try trapshooter1978, he's my brother, and just recently stripped and rebuilt his case to turn it into a combo case. It was his first time building a gun case and it looks like a factory job. He's not a professional but I bet he would do it for you for the cost of material.

If you're not interested then so be it.

Paul

6. straightshooter1

kfbagt, I sent you a PM.

Bob

7. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

If she's good at restoring antiques maybe she could help out some of us on this forum.

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I don't think Dan rebuild the cases at all... Now.. he might know someone.. but his time is worth repairing guns than gun cases.. Mike

9. straightshooter1

I got a PM saying Dan repaired them, don't know for sure.

Yeah, if the lady is really good at restoring antiques, I am prepared to pay her even more than I am paying for the cases. I want her to start with my back, then restore my hands removing the arthritis, then....

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.