1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Because Slick Willie Says So

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Recoil Sissy, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Bill Clinton was disbarred in Arkansas.

He paid a $25,000 fine and an $850,000 settlement.

He's also forbidden from practicing law in front of the Supreme Court.

It was all because of his misbehavior with Monica.

So Bill Clinton, a disbarred lawyer and former President impeached for lying under oath, asks the American people to believe him when he says the best thing for the Country is 4 more years of Obama.

Just wanted to make sure I had that right.

sissy

2. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

The former President that lied about bl#@ jobs telling us how good the current no-job President is. The epitome of irony and hypocrisy!

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Wasn't he also impeached by congress?

Another good item for his resume

4. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Sissy..... If I follow your logic here--that you should not vote for someone for President because a "bad" person likes him--then I cannot, to be logically consistent, vote for Romney.

You see, Lindsay Lohan has endorsed Romney...and she's been arrested several times for DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.

Do you get my point? Do you see how poor your line of thinking is here? I support your right to dislike Obama (I dislike him too) and vote for whom you choose, but use your brain a little more, okay?

Any by the way.... According to ABC news reports, as well as other information I found from reliable sources, Clinton was NOT disbarred in Arkansas. His license to practice law was suspended for a period of 5 years. It appears that if he ever wants to practice law in that state again he will have to reapply to the bar. His not being capable of practicing law in that state meant, of course, that he couldn't appear before the Supreme Court because he wasn't a lawyer.

I cannot forgive Clinton for, as the court record put it, "providing misinformation to the court," but let's get the facts straight here.

Mark T.

5. 3200SK Robinson

3200SK Robinson TS Member

Impeached, but NOT thrown out on his A$$! Slick Willie and Hussein are two nasty, slimy cockroaches and I have NO human respect for these two! Wish I could spit all the way to Wash"chit"ton and hit'em right between the eyes! Rich

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Clinton did stuff and got away with it because most people didn't know. A google search for "clinton body count" will bring surprising results.

Obama does stuff and doesn't care if the people know. His remarks to Medvedev to relay to Putin were quite disturbing.

Politics does indeed make strange bedfellows.

HM

7. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Why is Willy trying to act like he is a credible person in the first place. He has lost all respect and should go stick his head in a hole somewhere.

8. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Wonder how he feels right about now as the Big O is about to throw Hillary under the bus for Libya. Can't think of more deserving people to have it handed to them on a plate!!

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

MTimney,

You are the one who seemingly has trouble following a logical argument.

Sissy's point, as I take it, really had little to do with BAR records, or even reductio-ad-absurdums. It was that Clinton, in an official political capacity, and with his personal interests on the line, has shown a propensity to be brazenly UNTRUTHFUL. Following the thread a bit farther, it is then not a stretch to conclude that what comes out of his mouth is of questionable sincerity, and that in fact, he might even be persuaded to support someone for President whom he does not even particularly like, or believe to be qualified (witness his prior remarks about Obama in the 2008 SC Dem. primary), perhaps by reason of simple familial obligation (ie, it keeps Hillary cash-flush and out of the house), or other inscrutable reasons having nothing to do with the good of the country.

Your attempted 10th grade logic lesson does nothing to assail the kernel of that argument.

But feel free to try again. Go ahead...I know it isn't easy getting publicly schooled on logic issues by Intellectually Arrogant, hateful hicks like us. But keep trying...you'll get over it.

10. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

Buzz-Gun...

Actually, my logic lessons are typically at the college level. (I'm a professor at Keene State College in New Hampshire. You can google my name.) I did dumb it down a little here to make my message short.

The inference from the original post, given the thread title, can logically be deduced that you shouldn't vote for Obama because Clinton likes him. I haven't seen a correction to my conclusion from the poster, but I apologize if I'm wrong. I believe I did make a reasonable connection based upon the existing evidence, but I will retract my thread if I'm wrong.

Oh... here's a free logic lesson for you-- Attacking the man instead of or more strongly than his argument is a classic logical fallacy.

Thanks for your effort. Keep at it, maybe you'll get better.

Mark Timney

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

12. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I really liked Bill Clinton as Commander and Chief. At least he had a pair!!!

Actually "has" a pair

GS

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Of Women or more!

I'll always remember his FAILED attempt at being a "Sportsman" bring out a dead duck(some one else shot it for his photo op)during the Brady scheming!

14. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Professor Timney:

Near the very top of the first page of the forum there is a line of options. It appears just below the 'welcome' message.

It looks something like this...

Logout - Change Password/Settings - Edit/Delete Your Messages - Private Messages: No New Messages - My Trap Scores Database - Thread Watch List

Look at the "Private Messages" option. If you're logged in, it will either say say, "No New Messages" or "1 New Message", "2 New Messages", etc. If the system indicates you have a new private message, click on the option. When the private message system opens, click on a specific message to open it.

The private message system is a separate section of the forum. Private messages can only be seen by the sender and recipient. Each message lists the sender's name, a subject line, and the time it was sent.

Just for fun, see if you have one. If so, note content and the time it was sent.

sissy

15. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

There are some liberals, we all know who they are , that think they are smarter than most of us. They may be in their own little circles and are going to be in real trouble when Obama get back in and things go south in this economy.

16. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

As I said, I would retract my post if I were wrong. Recoil Sissy sent me a private message letting me know that he was not arguing for a vote against Obama just because Clinton likes him. I apologize to him for making what I thought was a reasonable deduction of his intent given the overall message.
    Mark T.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Professor Mark Timney of Keene State College,

Gasp...a college professor? Well, gosh! Why didn't you say so sooner! Somehow, we completely failed to take notice of that, when you showed up on this message board ostentatiously listing your academic credentials for all to see. Please pardon us for failing to recognize a superior example of humility and civility parading in under that banner. We'll not make _that_ mistake again!

Ten-hut, fellas! We's got one a dem fancy ejumacated college perfesser types here, tryin' to show us how to debate, and talk all intellergent an' stuff. Youse might learn somethin' - so lissen up!

18. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Hey Mid,

You sound pretty well informed. Did you count 'em while you were down there...or did Monica tell you?

19. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

WS

A very sad life you live. It is OK to like the leader of the best country in the free world every once in a while!!!

GS

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Buzz, Thanks for the laugh!! The truth can be funny at times!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.