1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beaver Dam to Host SE Wisconsin Zone

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by XXPowder, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I read that Beaver Dam Wanted to host a zone shoot, I for one would be in favor of the WTA moving Beaver Dam to the Southeast Zone. Boxhorn has change hands again and Waukesha may not be interested in the zone. So the shooters in the Southeastern Zone need a trap friendly Club. Who better than Beaver Dam, It's a great club that I always enjoy shooting there, good members that know how to run a good shoot. I always thought the zones were set up in a strange way anyhow, so why not change the zones a bit and give Southeast Beaver Dam, I'm sure SE would be willing to give up Jefferson in return for Beaver Dam, That way we would be promoting trap shooting and giving the Southeat Zone a Club with more than four traps. We might also pick up a few members for other zones since Beaver Dam would be on the edge of our zone. They are always re-a-lining voting districts, now that the home grounds are in Rome we should make some other changes for the betterment of the sport...............................Beaver Dam in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Ponytail in WI

Ponytail in WI TS Member

Beaver Dam is a nice club to shoot and about the same size as Janesville in the SW Zone.

Rik

3. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

I think Beaver Dam would be a great place to hold the SE Zone shoot. Are they in our zone now? If not they must be close. Hopefully the WTA BOD will take this suggestion to heart as i think its a great idea!

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I love Beaver Dam. Great people, nice fields and fine targets.

Can't do better than that.

HM

5. RedScare

RedScare Member

I heard it was gonna be at cudahy.

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

..............CUDA-WHO??????????????????

7. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Count me out! I went there once to shoot some practice and was treated like I called the managers wife a b@#@h! I was there with 3 other people, and had to wait and hour to shoot. But when the managers buddies showed up, they went right out and shot, no problem. I left and refuse to go back ever! Steve

8. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

I just read the WTA minutes and they made a very positive move, SE zone will be held in beaver dam, It also sounds like they may re-a-line the SE zone to add Beaver Dam. That's seems like it will be a great move for all parties.....Tom

9. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Re-read the minutes. Yes, Beaver Dam will host the SE Zone in 2013. No, the Zones will not be re-aligned to include Dodge Co. in the Se Zone. The Zones are set the way they are to attempt to get equal population in each one. Has nothing to do with # of clubs in any zone or the State Shoot moving away from Waukesha.

Tim

10. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Tim what you say is somewhat true, your never going to have equal populations, Milwaukee county, Waukasha county, are huge! The SE zone shouldn't really be held out side the zone. My plan was to re-align the zone so that beaver dam could hold the zone every year, since the city clubs lose a lot of business durning the zone shoots, and they seem to be moving to sporting clays because of the growth. It is also true that many of the city clubs have owners, where beaver dam is a club owned by members. They have active members, where city clubs charge more to have money to pay employees and other costs. It would of been a good move to give the South east zone Dodge county, it is however not surprising that it didn't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beaver damn zone trap shoot