1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beaver Dam Conservationists "Spring Thaw"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BD Trapshooter, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

The Beaver Dam Conservationists will be hosting the 1st annual "Spring Thaw" shoot on Saturday April 25th, 2009. This is a direct replacement shoot for the former "Frost Bite" Open previously held at The Gateway Lodge in Land 0' Lakes. We will be shooting 25 16 yards targets followed by 75 Handicap from the 16 yard score. There will be a Calcutta with the auction to start at 9:00am. If you are interested in shooting this event, e-mail me at danielm@reynoldstransfer.com and I will send you an entry form flyer.

Thanks,

Dan McDermott

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Beaver Dam Conservationists

Dan- I assume you are talking about Beaver Dam near Rogers Arkansas. I shot there many years ago. I would like to go back someday.

Pat Ireland

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Wisconsin, now, Pat. The beavers moved up there from Arkansas fifteen, maybe twenty years ago.

Neil

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Most of the beavers I see these days are on the internet.

(yes, it's Wisconsin)

HM

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Looks like a sand bagger's picnic! Are you sure that's how they will shoot it?

6. shoot the hill

shoot the hill TS Member

Bill, Bring your grill and sand bag buddies and show em how it's done. I can't fins 5 guys good enough to miss from the front then break em from the back. Good Luck!

7. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

Bill,

Yes, we are in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin and that is how we are going to shoot this event. We think it will be a challenge. Yes, I am sure someone will "dump" 2 at the 16 at try to run the handicap. We say good luck! There is still room for your squad and anyone else wishing to shoot. We will be shooting orange dome Remington STS targets on 4 Pat Traps and Canterbury wireless releases. There will be BBQ Ribs, baked potatoes, vegies, and deserts. Plus lots of beverages for all.

Thanks,

Dan McDermott
    608-358-5130

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Sounds lake a fun shoot Dan, at least the eating part. Please let us know how it turns out. Good luck to all, Bob

9. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

Beaver Dam was my very first registered shoot in 1999. My good buddy Dan Collins took me there. He passed away a couple of years ago. It is a very nice place to shoot, but it is a long commute from KY. Good luck with the shoot.
    Nubs Wagner.

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

BTTT-- Only one week left to practice Sandy!!

11. tgs1420

tgs1420 TS Member

^

12. BD Trapshooter

BD Trapshooter Member

TTT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.