1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Wood! For Sale!

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by CGMBL, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGMBL

CGMBL TS Member

0   0   0

Please send pictures of exhibition only black feathered walnut. Will pay top prices for the right pieces. Thank you

2. buckhunter26050

buckhunter26050 Member

0   0   0

I have tried to get on the website you gave as whitecrkgunstock@aol.com and cannot find it did you misprint the wrong address.

3. buckhunter26050

buckhunter26050 Member

0   0   0

I TRIED THE CAPITAL LETTERS AND IT STILL WON'T GO

4. djcuda

djcuda Member

0   0   0

I bought one of the maple blanks.I hope that it looks as good as the pictures.
    Dave

5. cam-man

cam-man TS Member

0   0   0

Hi Mike:
    What nice and not expensive wood do you suggest for my 1977 TM1?
    Ron

6. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Folks,

I appreciate the plug from Gary and I do have a barn full of both Maple and Myrtle that has been in drying stacks for three years and is dry and ready to work. This stuff is completely independent of the 600 plus Myrtlewood 2 piece sets and rifles that are in my drying racks and the inventory of wet Franquette English Walnut and wet Black Walnut that's being racked for drying during the rest of 2010. These will number about 6000 when I get finished.

The stuff I delivered to Gary was dry miscellaneous width and length Myrtlewood and Maple boards in 1, 2, and 3 inch stock that he will be turning into cutters, clocks and the myriad of other great projects to which he applies his considerable woodworking talents. Most of these were not right for conversions into stock blanks, so were sold as lumber only. If there are any crafters among my TS.com friends, feel free to contact me and we can discuss terms, conditions and where in the country we can meet to do the handoff. I'm in southern Oregon.

As noted above, Whitecrkgunstock@aol.com is an email address, not a website. Please don't try to access it as a website and get frustrated when you can't get there. Please do use it as an email address to contact me about your stock blank needs, especially if high-grade Myrtlewood is somewhere in your future. I am building a website for White Creek Gunstock Blanks and will make sure that it appears on TS.com as soon as I've got enough pictures and information to make it worthwhile for both you and me. I really don't want to put pictures of wet wood up on a website, so the first several hundred will be mostly Myrtlewood.

I started the business to specialize in Myrtlewood, but have already violated that limitation by harvesting part of an old commercial Walnut orchard in northern California earlier in 2009. That orchard is yielding some incredible Franquette English stock as well as some Black that is among the best I've seen in my 40 years of dealing with gunstock blanks. For those who are interested in curing your own blanks, I will entertain selling English and Black blanks at favorable prices while they are wet.

To see real examples of the beauty and functionality of Myrtlewood, look at the custom stocks that have been built by Dennis Devault in Canton, Ohio at www.devaultind.com. I think all of the Myrtle stocks Dennis has done have originated with me including the rarest of all - Tiger Myrtle.

'Nuff sellin'

Thanks Gary for the plug and let me know when you're running low again.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks Your Myrtlewood Source

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beautiful wood for sale