1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful SKB 85TSS!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shot410ga, Mar 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I think I'll buy an SKB, then trade up to a Mossberg.

2. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

LOL..same guys getting upset over a little ribbing about SKB. When are you guys going to let it go?

Rick

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Greg, Not trying to be smart here at all,but was wondering if you had it to do all over again, would you get rid of the SKB for the K gun. I just purchased an SKB 85TSS this fall as a back-up gun. (Combo) Have only got to shoot 200 16 yd. targets with it because of the weather. I was impressed with it so far,but have been thingking about getting rid of my Ljutic and possibly the SKB for a KX-5. Any suggestions. Thanks---Steve

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

If ya donts mind me askin ... which combo did you get? Adj comb or fixed? MC or straight stock? Ported or not ported? How much ya might be thinkin for the combo if ya sells it?

5. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

For what it is worth, I always thought SKBs looked and shouldered great...they put wood on SKBs which are fantastic! Ed

6. Beretta 46

Beretta 46 TS Member

You can put all the new wood on junk its still junk. I shot an skb for 3 years and had nothing but problems. One after another. My gun was the laughing stock of our club. Can't even tell you how many times it broke down during a registered shoot. Wish I would have kept the money for the times I sent it back to get it repaired. Its pretty sad when they mfg and sell a gun that breaks all the time. Personally, your better off shooting a Mossberg.

Sara

7. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Greg, thanks for your honest and informative opinion. Oh, excuse me Sara, yours too.--Steve

8. shot410ga

Devil'sAdvocate, Don't take thing's so seriously. Although if you own an SKB, and you must, to react the way you did. Trade it for Mossberg and prove you have a brain. SKB's at any club I've ever shot at, were a laughing issue.

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I owned an 85TSS combo a while back and liked the gun. I shot it well. It just had too many adjustments and I wasn't in love with the gun. I never had the first problem with the trigger or anything else. If I ever got back in the market for a combo gun, I would look into another SKB or maybe a Browning.

ec90t

10. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

rhmt, doesn't bother me a bit when someone knocks a particular gun. I was very familiar with all the negative as well as the positive comments about the SKB 85TSS before I bought one. I have several friends that have them,and I shot one before I made my pruchase.Most of the people that spoof them are just trying to get something going.I have been around the sport for a while and have owned Perazzi,(MX-8,comp-1) Beretta-682,Savage 330T,Win. mod.12's,1100's,Browning Broadway,Charles Daly and Ljutic.The gun that I have shot my best scores and won the most events with was a 550.00 Mod. 12, which I still own.

I'll know more about the SKB by the end of this shooting yr.I am not really afraid to shoot something that others dislike.We'll just shoot it and let the gun do the talking. Right??? LOL---Shoot well and often--Steve

11. shot410ga

likes-to-shoot. Has anyone ever seen anyone win anything with an SKB. Give us a break "likes-to-shoot" you'll be on the 20 yard line for the next 20 years. I think you should buy an SKB, you sound like an SKB shooter. Maybe Browning is to good for you. At least they make real guns, not junk wrapped in a nice piece of wood. I'd most likely would laugh at you and you Browing any way. So go ahead and buy an SKB and make it easer for everone to get a grin at your expense.

12. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I think we got ourselves a troll...

-Jollytrapshooter

13. shot410ga

Jollytrapshooter: Not a chance Jolly. Just a shooter who know's junk when he sees it.

14. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

[​IMG]<br>
    Stole this from another thread...

-Jollytrapshooter

15. shot410ga

Jollytrapshooter: Jolly, is that all you can come up with? You are about as a articulate as someone who's been on the 19 yd. line for 10 years. I can just see you " ho,ho,ho" how did I miss that straightaway. You're copying the mundane is truly mundane.

likes-to-shoot: I submit, blast all you do at birds. You appear to be equally as articulate as "ho,ho,ho" old Jolly.

16. shot410ga

likes-to-shoot: my apologies "likes-to-shoot." And error on my part. I should have said; "I submit, blast is all you may do at birds." Mispronunciation on my part. Enjoy.

17. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

shot410ga,

It seems to me that when someone starts questioning or ridiculing someone elses shooting ability, they really should post their name and ATA number so that we can judge their credibility. Would you care to share that with us?

18. shot410ga

Cherokee Kid: ridiculing somebody's opinion or attitude or ability is one of the truly wonderful things about discussion groups. Personally, I don't take anything to seriously considering what I get called occasionally. And no I'd rather not disclose precisely who I am, although there are others on this site who may know. After all, some of these guys may be a lot bigger and younger than me. It's all in fun. Don't be too thin-skinned.

19. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

It shouldn't matter if it's "all in fun". If your going to ridicule someone else on their shooting ability, I'd like to see how good YOU are. I am currently not in the ATA and don't think I am the best. Along with that, I don't ridicule people I don't even know because I get a kick out of it. Next time if your going to go after how good of a shot someone is, post YOUR ATA number so we can see what yardage your at.
    If you don't have any possible way to prove it, I suggest you go back into your cave and think up something a little more creative.

-Jollytrapshooter (Josh C.)

20. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Well shot410ga,

I guess I will just assume that some guy with an SKB must whip your butt regularly for you to dislike them so much. What make and model do you shoot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.