1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful handmade wooden cutting boards for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by recurvyarcher, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My nephew in Alabama makes the most beautiful wooden cutting boards. He gave us one for Christmas last year. If any of you want one, he has taken it from a hobby to a business. The Checker Board look is $150, the herringbone pattern shown is $175, & a bar board is $100. They are 12x16 cutting boards. You can contact me either here on this thread, or send me a private message, and I can put you in touch with him.

recurvyarcher_2008_030379.jpg

recurvyarcher_2008_030381.jpg

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Wow! those are nice RC. Boards lie yours make a great decorative addition to a kitchen beyond the intended uses.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

0   0   0

They are really nice looking, alot of work cutting and glueing, I used to make that kind of stuff, I need to get back in the woodshop and away from this one eyed brain sucker

Oooops the wood shop doesn't have a/c so it'll be a little longer, but it's starting to cool off

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Rating - 95%
    24   1   0

They look more like decorating board than utility board. The optical illusion will probably makes it dangerous for me with a knife on it. :)

5. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

0   0   0

Just beautiful. A lot of work there.

6. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Steve, I haven't used mine yet, either. But my nephew tells me that they are made to be used. I imagine that it will have a charm and character all of its own that develops from use.

Steve, the optical illusion is amazing, isn't it? I wish that I could have a gun stock like that!

7. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

He should be signing his name to those boards. Helps to make them a work of art. Jim

8. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

Good suggestion, Jim. I'll suggest that to him. Maybe he could inlay his signature in gold leaf on the side. That would really be pretty!

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

0   0   0

He could get a branding iron with his signature, they used to advertize them in Fine Woodworking, or he can do like I used to do use a wood burning iron, but in my case I really needed a branding iron, I can barely write legible with a pen

I hope he can sell some they would make a great Christmas present

10. recurvyarcher

0   0   0

I just found out from my niece that these are made from Maple and Walnut.

Catpower, you just gave me the best idea for Chris' Christmas present. I'm going to look into that branding iron and get one for him. My niece can sneak me a copy of his signature. Thanks so much for the information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.