1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful day to shoot at DeWitt, IA! photos

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ShootinSue, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShootinSue

ShootinSue Active Member Supporting Vendor

After several weeks of nasty high temperatures and humidity, Sunday was beautiful with temperatures in the upper 70's, low 80's, I decided to close up the shop and go shoot some registered targets at the Clinton County Sportsmen's Club up in DeWitt, Iowa. I haven't picked up a gun since April and of course I shot poorly, but it felt good to pull the trigger, enjoy the beautiful day for a few hours, and watch BigEd do what he does best, (Besides eat, sorry Ed, didn't have time to bake that dutch apple pie....next time).Had a great time and thanks to the guys on the squad, enjoyed shooting with you all!

If you are in the area, please stop and shoot at the club. They are making several improvements and it's a great time with great people!

ShootinSue
    shootinsue_2008_0303127.jpg

BigEd and Sue

shootinsue_2008_0303129.jpg

shootinsue_2008_0303130.jpg

BigEd
    shootinsue_2008_0303131.jpg

BigEd and ShootinSue
    ADDED A FEW MORE PHOTOS:

shootinsue_2008_0303135.jpg

shootinsue_2008_0303136.jpg

shootinsue_2008_0303138.jpg

2. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Dewitt is a good place to shoot!

3. ShootinSue

I agree! I believe BigEd said they have a big shoot on Labor Day. Check out their website for more information.

Sue

4. Jason Hassler

Jason Hassler Member

Hey Sue. I wish I would have known who you were. I shot on the squad with you and Ed. I was the guy wearing the gold colored shooting shirt that you made. I would have thanked you for the fine work. Hope to shoot with you again sometime.

5. ShootinSue

Hi Jason, I saw you were wearing one of my shirts. Thanks! Glad it is working out for you! It was a good time shooting on the squad with you guys! Hope to see you in September!

Sue

6. trench12

trench12 TS Member

Sue, next time you get around Ed squeeze his belly and listen for the funny noise!!! TG

7. ShootinSue

TG, I have shot with Ed enough for the past 20 years to know that that's something I don't want to do. I would need nose protection as well as ear protection. (Sorry Ed.......maybe not)

Sue

8. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Used to shoot there before we moved, is that corn as poor as it looks???? Was back home in June and things weren't looking too good, sister & b-i-l farm just east of town on old 30, haven't talked to them since we left will have to give them a call. Ross Puls

9. ShootinSue

Vern, I had all that long hair cut off a while ago...I like it better short now.

BigEd, It was a very nice day! Had a great time even though I shot really bad. Guess I need to find a dedicated trap gun for next year and shoot more. I am disappointed that we couldn't stay for the feed but I had piles of work waiting for me in the shop.

Yep, it has been over twenty years actually. Starting shooting with you and Mike down at Bi State at the old club about 1990. We were getting a bunch of shotgunning practice in for the Sportman's Team Challenge in Florida. Then we all started shooting sporting clays together everywhere. We all did travel alot. Good times. Getting so old that you can't remember?

Sue

10. claybustin hoosier 52

claybustin hoosier 52 Member

Now I know what the lady looks like that I've bought shirt's from, and she even put some pads in some shirts I had. Great product and fantastic service.

Thanks

John

11. ShootinSue

Thanks John!

Sue

12. superump

superump TS Member

Hi, I have been looking for info on this club. What days and times do they shoot trap and where is this club (directions). I thought someone told me there is two trap clubs in Dewitt. I am from 35 miles away and looking for a place to shoot trap other than the one day a week that my local club shoots! Thanks for any info in advance.

13. ShootinSue

superump, click on the link above. Hope to see you there!

Sue

14. superump

superump TS Member

Thanks Shootin Sue - unbelievable the two clubs I belong to and shoot at, shoot on Thursday nights Thomson and Coleta. I used to shoot a equistar in Clinton on Wed. but they shut down what a shame. Still want to come over and try it out though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.