1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beatrice NE High School Fundraiser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trufan, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trufan

trufan Member

Just a reminder. The Beatrice Trap Team is having a golf/shoot fundraiser on June 6th.
    The program is 50 trap targets. 25 16's and 25 handicap which is figured by taking the total of the 4 shooters 16 yard score
    and dividing by 4, which will be your handicap yardage (minimum 18 yards).
    Followed by 9 holes of golf at Hidden Acres golf course. This is a 4 person scramble that requires each team to use
    at least 1 tee shot from each player. Pars, birdies and eagles are rewarded points while double bogeys and up get
    minus points.
    It has been a fun event for all who have participated in the past and we would like to get a few more teams entered.
    You can contact me to register a team.
    The cost is $40.00 per person. There will be flag prizes and cash prizes to the winners. The number of winners
    will be decided by the amount of teams entered. 1 prize for each 4 teams entered. Mulligans are also available.
    A lunch will be served after the golf back at the Beatrice Gun Club, where the prizes will be awarded.
    All entries are welcome.
    The shooting starts at 10:00 a.m.

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

bump for a worthwhile team!!!

I won the Beatrice HS shoot in 1983 or 1984 when I shot for the Lincoln Southeast Trap Team.

The shoot back then was 100 targets, 50 singles and 50 'caps, and your yardage was your singles score divided by two and rounded down. I think I went 49 / 46 to tie for the win. Or at least something close to that. So we had to have a shoot-off, and it was from handicap yardage, 10 birds. We shot our 10 and were tied. We shot another 10 and were tied. Shoot management was getting a little nervous about "all these targets" and asked if we could flip for it. I said lets go one more time, from 27 (remember, 25 was the farthest any of us had ever been back), and if that doesn't do it, I'll flip. Everyone goes "ooooohhhhh"...so we go to shooting from 27. I drop the first 4 out, and I'm feeling like an ass since I'm going to get beat. Then I hit the last six and he dropped his last five and i was the winner.

Trufan, you got mail.

Ahhhh....memories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.