1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Beating a speeding ticket--part II

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerry944t, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

That equals the cost of a very good radar detector. Or slow down and save the fuel expense.

Nice going BTW.

2. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Glad it worked out. It's hard to ask non-shooting related questions on this site. You never know about the advice you're getting.

Danny

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

People have forgetten the most important thing that happens here with beating a ticket. The next time you get stopped It is very easy to say to the officer,"Please take a look at my record,sir. You can see I no citations which means that I am a good,safe driver. Yes,I erred here but on the basis of my past record can you maybe cut me a break." No,it does not work every time,but a lot of time it does. If I go to court,I point this out to the judge,ask for a 6 month deffered judgement,offer to pay the fine,& in time walk away with no points.

4. oz

oz Active Member

Officer, I'm sorry, but last year my wife ran away with a trooper and I thought it was you bringing her back. oz

5. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

"...go the speed limit."

What a joke. If I drive any of the major roads around Raleigh at the speed limit, I am a menace to others on the road. Today I was driving a stretch that is 55 going into a 65. I was doing 64, my normal 9 miles over, and I was passed by 25 cars in 1.5 miles.

People, in general, do not obey the speed limit. Getting a ticket is like winning the reverse lottery.

There's big money in traffic court.

If they really wanted to slow people down, there's an easy way, and it would raise money too. Put police cars on the road doing the speed limit with their lights going. Anyone passing the car gets their picture taken, like the red light cameras, and pays a fine. Three fines in a year gets you an invitation to court.

Danny

6. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?

Me: No sir, I don't

Officer: You were going 90 miles per hour

Me: That's impossible sir!!!!

Officer: Why is that impossible?

Me: Because I haven't even been driving for an hour yet!!!!

Officer: Please step out of the car and put your hands behind your back.

7. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

Sarge and others,

He didn't "beat" the ticket. Per NC state law, once per year per jurisdiction, you can plead one speeding violation down to improper equipment.

Police can read this thread all they want to. Legislators and lawyers in NC wrote the law. It has nothing to do with "beating" a ticket.

Traffic court in our area is way overcrowded as it is. It's a racket, plain and simple.

Danny

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Danny said ""...go the speed limit."

What a joke. If I drive any of the major roads around Raleigh at the speed limit, I am a menace to others on the road. Today I was driving a stretch that is 55 going into a 65. I was doing 64, my normal 9 miles over, and I was passed by 25 cars in 1.5 miles.

People, in general, do not obey the speed limit. Getting a ticket is like winning the reverse lottery.

There's big money in traffic court.

If they really wanted to slow people down, there's an easy way, and it would raise money too. Put police cars on the road doing the speed limit with their lights going. Anyone passing the car gets their picture taken, like the red light cameras, and pays a fine. Three fines in a year gets you an invitation to court."

They don't really want to slow people down, what they WANT is the MONEY from FINES!!!!

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Sarge...........A buddy of mine is a deputy sheriff and he says there's three things that guarantee's a ticket.

A female with tears in her eyes.

You can't speak plain English. (Spanish accent)

Stupid excuses or arrogance. This one gets the most tickets.

I usally drive 150 miles to work and back every day. I go about 3-5 mph over the speed limit. Funny thing is I see the same cars that passed me like I'm standing still when I get to downtown Des Moines. LOL

Bill

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

There will always be those who speed and those who think they shouldn't. I speed and I enjoy speeding as it makes the drive more fun, you know eratic lane changes, passing on the shoulder, you know the standard things. Sometimes I get a ticket and when I do I deserve it. I love how cops always come on here and tell people what will get you a ticket. It just proves what I have heard my dispatcher friend say many times. "Cops are infantile ego manics" his words not mine and he works for the Sheriffs Department. Last time I checked the infraction was supposed to decide weather or not somebody gets a ticket. It's just too bad that cops can't check the ego at home and just be the humble public servants I pay them to be. Just give me a ticket that I have earned and no lecture about how you are doing me some sort of favor. You want to do me a favor? Don't write the ticket. That's a favor.Doing other then that is some bullshit cop trying make me feel grateful that since he has the power to do or not do that I should bow down to him. Well, Pluck you Buddy. Just give me the ticket and spare me the lecture. I don't like a bunch of lip from my employees. That is another line that cops just hate. The fact that they work for me.... I always tell them that just to watch the vein on their necks pop out. You see it removes the power and that is the reason that most of them are cops in the first place. Someday I may get shot but until then I will just have a little fun with "MY" employees. I enjoy it the same way they do/ does that make me like them? GeeZ, Maybe it does I bet they like my line as much as I like the old Im doing you a favor line. Ha-Ha LOL... Cops...Always good for a laugh. Jeff

11. likes-to-shoot

Jeff.........The amount you pay with YOUR taxes for one cops wages wouldn't buy one square of used toilet paper.

When I was in high school, on weekends we used to hunt for people with a holy er than thou attitude "like you" and beat the crap out of them. LOL

It would make my day to see you try that bulls*** on a couple of friends of mine. (law enforcement officers) Even the jailers would have you for lunch. LOL

Please respond in kind, I need a good laugh!!

Bill

12. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

There was something on the news that a town was going to have to remove the red light running cameras because most had stopped running the red lights and they were not getting the revenue they wanted. That tells you they really do not care for you as much as the money. Ray.....

13. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Yes Sir!! That is what you want to hear isn't it? I mean cops are infantile ego maniacs!! I'm the one that Jeff was quoting. I have been around law enforcement for 15 years now. Do you know why people, specifically guys, become cops? And, specifically become traffic cops? Well it's for two reasons. First they are like our friend Likes-to-shoot listed above, they have a brittle fragile ego that developed in high school and they have to exert their will on people. Probably because they were either picked on too much when young or their parents didn't show them enough love. Or, and more likely in my opinion, they have the same mind as a criminal but are honestly too scared of going to prison to act on it. They hide behind a perceived "honor" of their badge and get to assault people, insult them, set them up, lie, steal, cheat, and god knows what else in the name of the LAW. Need proof? Let us again look upon our friend "likes-to-shoot". His screen name says it all. He wants a justifiable reason to shoot someone. He has also stated that he liked to go around beating people up in high school for perceived attitudes he didn't like. Can you say ego maniac? I knew you could.

As for the speeding ticket thing, for a lot of us, it's part of the cost of operating a vehicle. Just like gas or insurance. If you pull me over, give a ticket, or not. I realize the punishment when I drop the hammer. Like a cop told me after pulling me over in Seattle, "this is my freeway.....there are rules out here..." EGO EGO Alert!! My dear officer, feed your ego anyway you want. If you want me to say yes sir and sorry sir to save me a few bucks, fine. If you want to give me a lecture about the dangers of speeding fine, I'll listen and speed off. If you really want to do some good, leave hard working, taxpaying, honest living speeders alone and go find a meth head breaking into my house. It does me no good to have you show up 3 hours after I call you to take a report and give me a case number. You should have been on patrol looking for the true bad guys instead of feeding your delicate ego pulling traffic. Bad cop, no doughnut!!

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Just remember... The cops get the finger and the fireman get the wave. Why do you suppose that is? Beating up people who have views diffrent then your own is a Nazi/KKK thing so it's not suprising to me that your friends are cops. It fits right it with my theory as well as my buddys. Jeff

15. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

As of Dec 1st in NC you can no longer plead speeding violation down to improper equipment if you are ticketed 25 mph over speed limit. Phil make sure you stay under that 25 over.

16. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

Subject: Beating a speeding ticket--part II
    Email:
    Date: Sat, Dec 01, 2007 - 07:56 PM CT
    Website Address:

Jeff.........The amount you pay with YOUR taxes for one cops wages wouldn't buy one square of used toilet paper.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!

17. likes-to-shoot

ROTFLMAO........You two should look at your own personality. LOL LOL LOL

18. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Speeding is different in every state. When I visit Florida for instance, I drive my normal 20 over the limit AND AM GETTING PASSED ON BOTH SIDES!

19. High Brass

High Brass TS Member

In today’s story we find our hero, Sarge, on the job for 34 years. That must be because he's been divorced several times and can't afford to retire!! Our hero also is a cop so give him a break for just a second, HE DOESN'T GET IT! You stated exactly what we are talking about.

"can take your liberty away from you - just because he had a bad day -and there is not a damn thing you can do about it."

That is why you became a cop. You love the power trip you get by being able to say that. You've spent 34 years saying it. It's now all you know. The other part you don't get is the "coupon" you give and the insurance going up is fine with some of us. It's a cost of driving fast. So I appreciate you have actually done some police work and caught a couple of punk kids, good for you. We are just saying check you ego and quit being so "cop-y"

20. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Bet it make you feel good to know that your very own employee, can take your liberty away from you - just becasue he had a bad day -and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. Except engage in a little cop-baiting here on TS... Well Art, I don't think that anything that evokes such an easy and predicatable response amounts to baiting. I just proves what I already know. Being a cop is all about power for some of you. Does it excite you that you have the ability to take somebody's liberty away because they don't agree with you? Sounds like the Gestapo to me. As far as who laughs last? I laugh hardest right after I cast another NO vote for any funding for cops. The cops in our city want a new HQ. The people have said loudly that we don't care if it falls apart on top of them. Do you think that's funny Art? If you don't then I guess I get the last laugh. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.