1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bear Creek closing

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by slide action, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Just found out today that Sun. Apr. 13th is the last day for Bear creek in Panama City FL to be open. It will be closed as of Monday Apr. 14th. Nice facility 5 trap/skeet fields, a 5 stand, and sporting clays course. No word on if and when it will ever be open again. Too bad!

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Why is it being closed?

3. chessney

chessney TS Member

Click here for info. Just another Bush economics lesson....Ziggy

4. slide action

So this is Bush's fault?!!! Actually I doubt if "BUSH" had anything to do with it!--- At any rate we will be there tomorrow to visit with our friends before the gate is closed. Hopefully it will reopen sometime in the future, but for now it is sad to see such a nice facility closing.

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

There were two problems with Bear Creek. The first and the real major one was location. It was located in one of the most sparsely populated portions of Florida. No major cities near it to give it enough to draw on.

The second problem was that they had a couple of disaster shoots early on. There was one major Sporting Clay shot that kept this board humming for some time with the complaints.

Sorry to see them go but business is business.

TB

6. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Interesting problem....if the club was closer to "humanity" someone would bitch about the noise and force it to close...and being remote, causes poor attendance causing it to close....yuh can't win...

7. slide action

I don't think anyone around here would consider the Panama City area "sparsely populated". If you think so try driving across HWY 98 from March to oct. Club useage was not a problem and many time there was a wait to get on a field. Shooting fees had reached the limit of what the market would bear especially due to the increased cost of shells, supplies and fuel cost. One problem is Bear Ceek was run as a per profit club and had overhead expenses of maintaning a large facility and paying staff. There were issues between the property owner and leaser that evidently could not be resolved. As I said before it will remain to be seen if it will reopen sometime in the future under a new lease. As far as the owner, I understand the property is up for sale. The property owner is VERY comfortable finacially and certainly does NOT need the money either way. At any rate it is shame to see it close.

8. chessney

chessney TS Member

No, that 28% are the people that love paying the gas prices,are not loseing their houses,ect.... Stop me now or those blind rep. Bush lovers will get nuts on me.I guess McCain will be your great white hope huh?...Ziggy

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I do wish that any President could have such an impact on the economy that so many people believe. If this were the case, economic problems would be easily solved.

Pat Ireland

10. slide action

Somehow a thread about a gun club closer turned in to a debate about G.W. Bush which has NOTHING to do with this topic. I posted it because I thought it was note worthy info. Good Grief, why don't you all go to a political thread and quit hijacking threads and tying up decussions about anything and everything with "I hate Bush" crap.

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

For those of you who did not attend College or business school (or were absent that day) - there is something called "The Business Cycle". It IS an immutabale law under a capitalist economic system. No Presedent can repeal it nor can any Central Bank or legislature. There are 4 phases; Prosperity, Recession, Depression, and Recovery. The best that regulation can achieve is to limit the depth or duration of these cycles. You see, each cycle contains within it the seeds of the next cycle - that is why it is called a "cycle".

As for Bush's approval rating, I would like to see what Bill Clinton's or Jimmy Carter's would have been if the media had concentrated all its efforts in constantly bashing them. Most of the American people are sheep and belive what they are told especially if it comes from such disgraced "journalists" as Dan Rather, and if it is pounded home every day. It's like global warming - junk science becomming reality through constant repitition. Sounds like something out of the Third Reich doesn't it?

12. TheNakedGun

TheNakedGun Member

First of all I would like to say I hate it that Bear Creek closed I had the pleasure of meeting Slideaction and his wife there they are great people. The Club was a real good place for Me to shoot the only complaint I ever really heard much was about the manager and his personality.

The second thing is I see all this Bush bashing going on and the people forget to mention how he caused hurricane Katrina and he was the third shooter on the grassy knole. I guess all these people that are complaining about Bush need to turn in their guns and vote for Obama or Hillary.

13. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

My condolence to all at Bear Creek, I know this will not the last gun club to close, but loosing one, is one too many…..Hope you make a comeback….I think I now know about the BITTER people out there, blaming BUSH and others…You people are just BITTER….you better go back to your guns and religion…LOL………..Grubby

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I think if Bush heard about a gun club closing he would consider it a loss. I am also sure that if Obama or the witch heard about a gun club closing they would consider it good riddence.

15. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I hate to see any club close! However, I travel quite a bit throughout the Southeast and the prices at Bear Creek were the highest I have ever paid. I occasionally visited my son and daughter near there and would go shoot there. We would normally shoot six round of skeet and trap at a cost of $144.00 or if you prefer $12.00 a round. Granted it didn't break me but why pay that when there are other places to shoot at half the price. There is a new club just off Highway 77 on 268(I think) close to Chipley. If anyone is interested email and I will get the exact location for you. Jackie B.

16. slide action

Does the place in Chipley have a trap range? Last I heard they didn't.

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

In reference to the new club at Chipley, FL.

They didn't have a trap field as you and I would expect and until they get one finished they have a deck with the throwers under it. They come out hot(fast) and have some pretty good angles. It's fun to shoot doubles on it. They are supporting getting youth shooters. They also have shooting lanes for pistol and rifles. Jackie B.

18. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

$12.00 per round? Are you serious, Jack? Jeez, that's what I pay for 4 rounds at Sedalia. No wonder they went out of business.

Buz

19. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

Tyndall AFB is still open. $3.25 per round for skeet and trap. Open Saturdays only from 9 am to 1 pm.

Port St. Joe Rifle Club has a trap range. Sunday and Tuesday 1 pm. $3 per round.

Chipola Sporting Clays just west of Bluntstown. Thursday at 9 am. $4 per 25 targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bear creek sporting clays

bear creek trap club