1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Bear 600 Reloader?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FormerMarine, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

I have a line on a Bear 600 Progressive Reolader. Does anybody have any experience with this reloader? Can you tell me anything about it? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. John J

John J TS Member

The Bair 600 is an excellent loader. I have 5 of them. They index manually and you can't put much pressure on the plastic clip that holds the primer tube to the top plate. It will break. You can make one from half inch plexiglas but the hole through the clip is a compound angle. Otherwise they are very durable. Hornady powder and shot bushings work in them as well as primer drop parts. JJ

3. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

Bair 600 Reloader?

Bair......ok........I had only been told about it over the phone so I didn't even know the correct name. Thanks for the information Missedone. What exactly do you mean by they index manually? Sorry for my ignorance but this is new to me and I can have this loader for free.

4. John J

John J TS Member

Manual indexing simply means that you must physically advance the shell plate after a stroke of the handle to advance each shell to the next station. Most modern progressive loaders index automatically with the upstroke of the handle.
    The Mec Grabber is one progressive that is still being produced that requires manual indexing.

It is no big deal. My favorite loader (and I have several different kinds) is a Deitemeyer 300 that's a manual index. Hope this helps. JJ

5. TomB

TomB Member

former marine......I have (2) Bair 600 loaders that I've been using for about 40 yrs. They ARE a little different. Check to see if the resizing die is outside the the main structural post. If it's inside, the shell is harder to put into the sizing die ..and it may crack the lower shell plate (mine did). If it's outside, it's both easier to use and stronger. To correct the problem of the primer feeder, one must adjust the rotating shell holder plate down so that the resized (important) shells "just" move. Also it results in uniformly seated primers. Call me at 717-423-6965 if you more know-how. TomB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.